• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Avenger

Looking really nice Chris. Beaut a/c.
James

Thanks James . A nice kit except for the fragile decals and also a couple of small part that looked to be to scale but disintegrated .

More pictures soon . Cheers, Christian B) Busy ogling a new arrival right now :blush:

h222ebfc.jpg

finished pictures, Perhaps? No sand!
C'MON! :bat

Just came back from Floriduh might be a while before the sand is gone Chris :)

h716a0da_2019-09-25.jpg

Ok folks . this was one of my issues ( the white dot ) . All these scoops are add ons from the kit . That partiicular one came off more than once . The second time it was not found :coolio
So, I surprised even myself by making one from sprue Not exactly the same but close enough for my taste .

h43b9bd3.JPG

Both the tail hook and the tail wheel were likely to scale and were rebuilt using metal tubing of equal diameter .

h7af2f71.jpg

h464faa8.jpg

h041e7b5.jpg

Everything went well but that pitot was the pitot from Hell > I'm not sure just how many times it got nocked Off.
The first installation was done with brass wire as there was no hole to glue it in . I think the last time was with Bondic .

I was trying something new for the pix and I'm still not really happy with them . I have not had time to reshoot them

Overall , a very good kit if you're careful with the small pitfalls.

All antenna wires are invisy thread secured with Bondic....So easy :good:

Cheers, C. B)

the colors are striking and the panel lines are sharp. (y)

Thanks Mike .

I've always liked that paint scheme . I must admit that it looks better than the bird I painted with the Humbrols.

I had to think on the panel lines. Very different shade were needed .

Cheers, C. B)

I had seen some photos of planes like this years ago, never realized they were the old Avenger revised.

This turned out really nice Christian. Well done and something you should be proud of.

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Back