• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Avenger

h825ab1b.JPG

I must admit this kit is the best Sword kit I have seen to date . That said, the major interior components had to be adjusted before the fuselage halves got along .

Cheers C. B)

What's life without a little adjustment?

Looks good! I am a bad Canadian in that I generally don't care for the liveries of Canadian aircraft but I think the Avenger is one aircraft that looks good!!

:popcorn

You bad Canadian you ! :rotf Well , she is a big girl . Made to look even portly by sitting on that balloon .

I think the two tone paint job makes her more attractive . Same with the Tarpons with their invasion stripes. :good:

Cheers, C. B)

This will be followed with great interest, as I have the same kit staring at me to build it.
I keep telling myself to finish something first. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, damn.
Frank
:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Yes sir.
I just finished an AD-1 for a museum.
he39f4f5.jpg

Did it as a AD1-4
I need to add more A-1's to the display cases.
Frank

I have enough problems with revel-o-gram kits... :frantic

Although they build into nice kits , I have heard they need extra work as well .

I've given (pretty much) on larger plane for years , so I can only repeat what I hear. :idonno

Cheers, C. B)

This will be followed with great interest, as I have the same kit staring at me to build it.
I keep telling myself to finish something first. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, damn.
Frank
:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Strange, I've been saying I need to get this one done to get back to some other problem children :rotf

Cheers, C. B)

Today's picture .

hf7fff2e.jpg

Even though the kit is very good , there are still plenty of scoops and louvers to open up . I would suggest to do it before you get this far.
It's like a fish . can't really grasp it . Really wants to roll around :frantic

Cheers, C B)

Didn't know about this version. I built the AM kit a long time ago for the IPMS magazine and loved it. Nice start. Gary S.

Sorry I missed this Chris, looks like it sealed up nicely. :popcorn

It did Bob and amazingly , all the panel lines on the fuselage and wings aligned :D

Some bits of advise thou . The parts are but joined and I would recommend some brass rod for reinforcement and to help in the attachment process.

h80f81a5.JPG

I would leave the tail section to the last airframe assembly . Too many items in the way .

he5e68bc.jpg

Cheers, C B)

This is a really interesting build Chris. I never realized there were so many variants of the Avenger.
:v

Back