• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Avenger

This is a really interesting build Chris. I never realized there were so many variants of the Avenger.
:v

I know. Except for President Bush being shot down in one, it just did not bring a lot of attention to itself.
A real work horse of the fleet.

If you read Saburo Sakai's book it is also the bird that shot him up and nearly took him out .

Cheers, C. B)

Wow, you must be pleased, no major issues! (y)

I am but still it need a lot of planning as to how you're gonna build it . Just so many parts that get in the way and of course few positive joints.

At least on this one, there were tabs for the wings and tail planes :D A big help.

Cheers, C B)

h6541b6d_2019-09-11.jpg

Didn't know about this version. I built the AM kit a long time ago for the IPMS magazine and loved it. Nice start. Gary S.

Hasegawa makes the TBM-3S2 .

They hunted in pairs .

Cheers, C B)

I have a 1/48 Accurate minatures kit and some mods to recreate one of these someday! Been collecting appropriate decals and parts

As with Eric, I had no idea there were so many variations of this aircraft. You are truly Master at this and I too look forward to more progress

As with Eric, I had no idea there were so many variations of this aircraft. You are truly Master at this and I too look forward to more progress

Merely a modeler digging around through available information . Most of it available through the net.

It does help that I have narrowed my field of interest to WW II aircraft :D

Cheers, c. B)

Thanks for looking in . Ran into some issues shortly after this .

The decals are very thin and a couple rolled on me never to come apart again .

No problem though , I emailed the Sword company and they sent out a new set . Starting to feel like a vet at requesting parts from Eastern European companies .

h716a0da.jpg

So, a gloss coat and some of the decals .

While waiting for the spares to arrive , I set off to work on the landing gear ( or does Grumman refer to it as alighting gear ) .

Sorry but I did not take a lot of pictures on this build . Too much going on.

This little beastie is coming along nicely Christian.

I had one of the data decals on my Albatros do the roll up thing. I grabbed it quick and threw it in the water and carefully worked it back out flat in the water using tweezers and a paint brush. I expect it was a bit thicker carrier than the ones you are using and was a bear to get worked onto the vertical stabilizer, but it worked and once done couldn't tell it had been a problem. (got Lu-cky!)

This little beastie is coming along nicely Christian.

I had one of the data decals on my Albatros do the roll up thing. I grabbed it quick and threw it in the water and carefully worked it back out flat in the water using tweezers and a paint brush. I expect it was a bit thicker carrier than the ones you are using and was a bear to get worked onto the vertical stabilizer, but it worked and once done couldn't tell it had been a problem. (got Lu-cky!)

I have to admit that this is not the first time I've had a problem with rolling decals but a good water dunk and so care usually fixes it .

The decals are thinner than Microscale decals are . I had one really small one ( No step ) on radome which I sort of understand . but I also had a letter do that and I consider that large for what I work with .

Not sure why they are so attracted to itself that I could not help it . Even difficult to adjust the decals when it's on a liquid film on the model .

Anyhow, all done now . Thanks for sharing. :good:

Cheers, C B)

Back