• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First Blood 8 Rad

no need to
face-plant.gif
,sending ya; :zen :zen :zen ,MP!

Greetings,Ron.

I'm doomed! AC has gone out at the house. I've called the man, they on the way. Yeah you may remember earlier this year we had it replaced...:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

But the garage AC is rockin'...:soldier

ha57e29d.jpg

Wow, what a transformation..

Not sure i get decals on tonight but if I get wheels on and some color, would it be close enough to claim credit?

Let the fact that I can reset everyone's passwords have no bearing on that decision... :evil: :geek

OK that's it, eyes started going on me. I got some flat earth on the handles of the tools, metalcoat on the shovel head, axe and pick but didnt buff it out. Also did a really lite mist of flat earth for some dusting along the bottom, barely noticable in these shots. Only got two good shots, went without flash on the others and it was just too dark to see anything.
h9464566.jpg

h94eb512.jpg

Up to y'all, do I get credit for completion? :mpup

Hey Moon

Here's a trick I just learned, to help speed things along.

Instead of gloss coating before applying decals, take a piece of coffee filter paper and
use it to polish the area where the decals will go. Apply decals with the usual setting
solutions, and...no worries about silvering...well, it worked for me!

Give it a try!

Tom

Thanks Tom, good to know but times up. I'll take my time and get the gloss coat on and then decals, some more weathering and stowage, only one really bad spot with the PE. Think a well placed duffle bag can clear that up.

Really like your paint! :good:

I say if gun tube and decals on by the end of the weekend your good for "finished." Oh and it is a long weekend ;)

Hey Moon

Here's a trick I just learned, to help speed things along.

Instead of gloss coating before applying decals, take a piece of coffee filter paper and
use it to polish the area where the decals will go. Apply decals with the usual setting
solutions, and...no worries about silvering...well, it worked for me!

Give it a try!

Tom

...intetesting...thanks for posting...

Luiz

Back