• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USN Mules and AMSE

jknaus

Administrator
Does anyone know when the colours of the mules chasnged? I am finding pictures of the Yellow I was expecting and also a lot of white mules. Did all AMSE change or is it yellow still? I found a Nitrogen cart and a Hydraulic cart from REM and have the nitrogen cart printing right now. I need to find some good pictures of the plumbing for the 6 bottles to the face plate as it ios all viable. I have printed a post 2000 mule so trying to find the name or nomenclature for it and what colour to paint it. I have a Huffer unit attached to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures in the 3D section when I get back down to my shop. shot it with some primer before work this morning. Hopefully the wheels will be ready tomorrow and I am planning on hooking the nitrogen cart up to it unless that is a big NO. I cant imagine why it wouldnt happen though. So any help from the carrier guys would be helpful.
James

Oh and REM now had the Fire fighting Mule as well as the fire Fighting attachment for a regular mule so eventually will get those and print them out.
James

Yeah ours were yellow or OD. I dont recall seeing white mules until I searched today.
JAmes

At the wars end, deck tractors began to change colour from Ocean, Grey, Sea Blue or Olive Drab to Orange-Yellow (FS33358). The new equipment being introduced to support the jets were all painted in orange-yellow. In the early 1990's the change to Insignia White for support equipment began. As is normal for militaries, it was phased in so you could see an mishmash of colours.

The A/S32A-31A Aircraft Towing Tractor entered service in the mid-1990's, replacing the MD-3. It was a beefed up version of the MD-3. It was phased out of service in 2015 being replaced by the A/S32A-49 Shipboard Tow Tractor which is now the current tractor.

The MD-3
MD3.jpg

The A/S32A-31A
as32a31.jpg

The A/S32A-39 STT
AS32A49.jpg

There were some A/S32A-31A tractors and support equipment that received custom schemes.

USS John C Stennis
Stock car.jpg

USS Theodore Roosevelt
Stock car 2.jpg

USS George Washington
Stock car 3.jpg

Cheers,
Rich B

Back