• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-14B VF-102

I do believe that the cans in the shut down mode, one is open and one is closed. This has got to be a very expensive build. Gary

h249a545.jpg

I do believe that the cans in the shut down mode, one is open and one is closed. This has got to be a very expensive build. Gary

I know that is true w/ the A models. The A+ (B ) and Ds use different powerplants, and I'm not sure if they behaved the same way during the shutdown sequence. P&W TF30s for the As. The A+ & Ds used the GE F110-400.

Yes this has climbed in price. I guess I really should get into it. Its sitting by th table staring at me every time I sit down and a guy at work really wants it built. :hmmm
James

99.9%. I find 97% leaves residue.

ok, I know where to get 97% but where do you get 99.99% ?

Cheers, Christian B)
Both from the drugstore. The 99.9 is from behind the counter, have to ask the pharmacist. .
James

Aha, the don't try this at home stuff.... :rotf Well, good to know info . :)

I can't swear to the particular models but all that I have seen had one nozzle open and one closed at shut down....Just looked Odd to an old jet engine tech... :blink

Cheers, Christian B)
Both from the drugstore. The 99.9 is from behind the counter, have to ask the pharmacist. .
James

I can't swear to the particular models but all that I have seen had one nozzle open and one closed at shut down....Just looked Odd to an old jet engine tech... :blink

Only the original pratt's in the A model end up in this state. I believe it has to do with the shut down procedure and what systems run off each engine. And it's always the same engine that is in the open state. I saw an article about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it again.

*edit: found it: http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-engine.htm

Cheers, Christian B)
James

Only the original pratt's in the A model end up in this state. I believe it has to do with the shut down procedure and what systems run off each engine. And it's always the same engine that is in the open state. I saw an article about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it again.

*edit: found it: http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-engine.htm

After looking at those nozzles I just realised I've never seen a late model on the ramp .

Very complex system :fencing

Back