• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-14B VF-102

Hi James

Seriously a 1/32 Tomcat? Is that an RC-Build? I cannot imagine how to deal with such a monster :S .

That being said, I will be following your build closely. I am sure I am going to learn a lot from it. Good luck and Godspeed! :popcorn :popcorn

Alex

Not impressed with the Wolfpack cockpit at all. Cant see that anyone else makes one either.
JAmes

And the Zacto upgrade for the Tomcat trunks :) Some more stuff to come

DSC06349.JPG

DSC06350.JPG

James

Oooh, look at all that resin!
Good luck on the Tomcat build. :popcorn
I had a buddy of mine who was a F-14 crew chief for awhile.
I call him "swing-wing" :laugh:

Just as sidebar question. What's the best HOUSEHOLD product for washing resin before use? I don't have any Simple Green handy.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Tim

No hijack :). I used simple green but cant find it now. At the moment I use just regular dish soap and then rinse and then a wipe with alcohol. I have a big mesh strainer that straddles the sink and fill the sink with warm water and dish soap. The strainer is just in the water and nothing gets lost. I have an old tooth brush to scrub the parts. Not sure the alcohol is necessary and sometimes I don't use it.
I'll try and take a picture of the washing when I wash the wheel wells.
James

Last of the F-14 stuff came in.

DSC06367.JPG

DSC06368.JPG

DSC06369.JPG

DSC06372.JPG

Really hope the cans work. Didnt realize they are for a Tamiya kit until after I bought them. If not I guess will have to make do. with kit cans.

James

Back