• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard's new P-51

wait wait wait...you dipped the brush in the lacquer based metalizer, let the carrier evaporate then dry brush the left over pigment over the black base?

That's Awesome!! :notworthy

wait wait wait...you dipped the brush in the lacquer based metalizer, let the carrier evaporate then dry brush the left over pigment over the black base?

That's Awesome!! :notworthy

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it.

Just be careful that it is mainly dry or it will eat the paint and leave brush strokes that will have to be sanded and done again.

Go ahead MrT, it yields good results and probably alot of different results could be achieved this way.

I've done this in the past to a point, pour out some MM Metalizer into a smaller container and let the carrier cook off a bit then use that reduced paint to brush with but not to the point you're talking about. Can't wait to get home and try this.

Wonder if it would work with the Alclads?

Do you buff it out to get the shine?

I buffed some places with my Dremel buff wheel and others with a soft cloth. The whole model got hit lightly to remove the residual dust.

I have not tried Alclad this way, would be a good test.

I got none of that, so what was the sheen on the surface? Flat or Satin for some teeth or glossy?

Man, that is good stuff, you need to get some. If I had to guess, it's more of a satin.

This is Mr. Metal Chrome Silver. 211
h01bd926.jpg

Got the black bands on and I think I over did the chipping. You can see in a picture of the actual plane that the black band on the leading edge was almost completely worn away.

Not sure how I feel about the top though. It is what it is and I plan on leaving it. Would have to sand down and start over and I am just not feeling that.

hb621ca4.jpeg

h7ad49aa.jpg

hc9f60b5.jpg

The size and pattern of the chipping looks a bit uniformed. Try dabbin' a stiff brush over the leading edge. :popcorn

Back