• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Heuschrecke IVb "Grasshopper" WIP

Me Again :Hiay

The other sprockets for the lift assembled:
100_1453.jpg

Now on to the carriage:
These are the casters that roll along the upright rails:
After rolling up the bearing strip with some drill rod and placed between the inner and outer rims. I used drill bits through the hole so they would line up and clips were used to hold everything snug while soldering things together.
100_1451.jpg

100_1452.jpg

Two more larger sprocket wheels to go that attach to the casters and that should do it.

Getting her Done :woohoo:
Tony lee

I compare PE work to like dancing in the dark.
You know your feet are moving but is it in the right direction. :hmmm

Bless you boys and girls,Thanks
Tony lee

OH Well there was still some daylight left so I went ahead and built those final chain sprockets to be done with it.

Only seven parts to solder:
100_1456.jpg

Now I can get these things all assembled tomorrow. (y)

Happy Days
Tony lee :)

Hi All :Hiay :Hiay

Here's a test fit but right off I spotted an un-noticed problem, can you spot it?
100_1457.jpg

The chain I have is a little too large but I found a little hole in the wall train shop that only had one package of 40 links to the inch in stock and it may not be enough, more will be here next week if need be.

Times Up:
Now you see them
Grasshopper-1.jpg

Now you don't
heu_2.jpg

I'm talking about those pallet storage brackets on the rails.
The carriage can't roll back and forth if those are sticking out like that?????

I found another factory photo and it looks like they are mounted on the fenders here and not the rails.
heuer_5_471-1.jpg

Always something :bang head :bang head
Tony lee

Would those fenders supports the weight of those beams? I imagine the heavy stuff must be somehow mounted to the hull. Best PE stuff I've seen in this scale, Tony! :drinks

Cool stuff Tony. But those beams where used to support the turret when removed werent they? So they wouldnt be on the deck when the turret was removed.
James

amazing job tony! :popcorn

in addition to the factory pic you posted, maybe this pic helps you a bit:

Heuschrecke.jpg

seems like they weren't mounted on the rails but on the fenders ...

found here: http://picssr.com/photos/deckarudo/popular-interesting/page1 (cool page, tons of pics)

Here you go James. See those ears sticking out with the holes? Those are what's in the way and keeping the carriage from moving up and down on the rails.
100_1432.jpg

Chuck you would think they would be to heavy for the fenders, maybe there are added braces underneath. One thing for sure, they won't work where they are now.
If you look at my test picture you can see that I stacked them on each side, simple yet effective in my way of thinking.

Thanks for the comment guys (y)
Tony lee

Back