• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Heuschrecke IVb "Grasshopper" WIP

Don't forget the Bubble Gum "T" :laugh:

Check this out, I figure I can get away with close enough.
100_1422.jpg

You can see in the Voyager instruction they call for two washers and a stick of rod,I didn't think that looked beefy enough scale wise.

Since the plastic pivot arms are thicker I needed to compensate for that. Using some of the kit parts in combination,I cut a tubing spacer 3mm and 1mm and that gave me the same spacing as the kit part from the hull. There's a PE washer missing that I forgot to add but the assembly is not glued together yet and I can add that no problem.
100_1423.jpg

Simple fix but effective :v
Tony lee

Update Time

100_1424.jpg

Today while working on the suspension I got to thinking. Here recently i've built a rash of Pz IV chassis and was wondering if during WWII if the Germans ever built any SPG Unicycles. :hmmm

I suppose during the prototype stage they used what ever was available to them. The kit gives you a choice of sprockets. Which one would you install?
100_1425.jpg

Or would you mismatch them as the captured example had?
heuer_5_471.jpg

Grasshopper-2.jpg

Stay cool if you can out there.
Tony lee

Hey Tony,

Looking good!! I love these types of vehicles, in a way a waste of a perfectly good Pz.IV chassis to make a sort of complicated gun delivery system :hmmm

As for the sprocket, I should go for the one with the rounded holes, just because it's on the pic of the original beast, you never know what they do with it in a museum.

Looking forward to see more !! :popcorn

Cheers Erik

I was leaning that way Erik because all my other PzIVs have the other type of sprocket on them.

Thanks
Tony lee

Agree the rounded ones will look good for a difrence
:popcorn :drinks (Just because all this popcorn is making me thirsty)

Geez, I leave town for a couple of days and everybody gets crazy! Fantastic stuff, Tony- cheers! I remember the boxart for the ancient Nichimo kit from back in the day. A mystifying bit of engineering on this marvel- I guess it was supposed to lay down a line of turrets in a defensive formation, trip after trip?

Mike the builder said he would take it under advisement. :lol:

Glad you've come back to the roost Chuck and thanks. (y)

Tony lee

Back