• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Did we give up when the Russians took Vegas!

I have the styrene hex rods too, but find slicing the same size bolt heads to be aggravating as sin. These are much easier and since you're punching them from sheet stock, the thickness is consistent.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?cPath=21_145&products_id=9073

They also make a round punch for washers.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?cPath=21_145&products_id=1869

(y)

:drinks

I have the styrene hex rods too, but find slicing the same size bolt heads to be aggravating as sin. These are much easier and since you're punching them from sheet stock, the thickness is consistent.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?cPath=21_145&products_id=9073

They also make a round punch for washers.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?cPath=21_145&products_id=1869

(y)

:drinks

Those tools that I'm going to have to get.

Thanks for pointing them out for me with links no doubt. :notworthy

Slicing the rod is not what I call fun.

Been trying to make bench time this weekend.

IMG_1389~0.JPG

Yesterday late morning I shot the upper and lower turret with primer to seal in the decals. Today I kinda stuck it together. Looking at it, a number of different things come to mind. Bacon, slopping pigs, bacon, pigs ear, greased pigs, bacon and something about you can put makeup on a pig. Going share some pictures before I jump back into it.

Started adding some bolt/nut details. I told myself at the start of this project I wasn't going to do it, but here I am. I'm using some .020 hex rod that I made around 300 slices. At first I was using my chop cutter but found the stay I have the rod works under causing me to cut them to long. So about half rare eyeballed for thickness. Long way from perfect. I made welds from Milliput. I like A+B putty better but mine I discovered had gone bad. While I was at it I did more casting texture to the front of the hull with Squadron gray putty thinned with Testors liquid cement.

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

The details again are really soft on ever part of the turret. For the gun barrel collar I drilled holes to mark the ten bolts. Then sanded it down and then scribed some new marks. I will add some new bolts from MENG.

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

I test fit the rubbery canvas cover that comes in the kit.

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

Some pictures of turret and the hull together
IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

This morning I pulled some better tracks out of my stash

IMG_1883.JPG

That's all guys have a good one. Going back to the bench.

I admire your choice for your build. Not another P-51 or trendy Tiger I. It takes intestinal fortitude to make the out-of-the-ordinary Model kit. Stay the coarse, Sherm!
:ro: :drinks :salute

:frantic ....That is soooo KOOL!...More...More...More Please! :drool

I may have missed it but are you going to use the..."Rubber" part :blush:

:v

:frantic ....That is soooo KOOL!...More...More...More Please! :drool

I may have missed it but are you going to use the..."Rubber" part :blush:

:v

IMG_1381.JPG

You know I did not say if I was using the canvas or not. Sorry

I have no intent of using the canvas cover thing that was supplied in the kit. It really does not fit all that well. Going to have to do it out of A+B putty or something like that. I know I've got some Milliput and some Greenstuff. Might try the Greenstuff as I have never used it before. That's the next step on the turret before it goes any father. I figure the time I take to fight the kit part in fitting and trimming I will be better off making it.

Just a bit of progress lately. Came down with some nasty bug that had me out for over ten days.

IMG_1394~0.JPG

Update for tonight is track

The AFV track has two punch out marks on each link, I haven't figured out an easier way around filling them other than putty. I always at least have to fill them twice. To make it easier to work on them I cut the trees down to eight links a tree for filling and adding some wear to them.

IMG_1884.JPG

To create the wear on the pads I use a Dremel, round, half round small files and hobby knife.

IMG_1886.JPG

Each side takes 79 links, I use 80 to try and not stress the track too much. When I assemble them I start with four links together, then make sets of eight until I have ten sets. I find it goes faster and easy that way.

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

That's it. Have a good one guys :eek:ldguy

I rebuilt the gun collar. :idonno

The parts were miss made by Dragon. In the instructions it shows the eight holes around the outside, but they are not there on the parts and instead they give you a PE part to wrap around the collar.

I drilled eight holes, added casting texture then added bolts from MENG.

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

Then I added ten bolts to the second ring, again bolts are from MENG.

IMG_1896.JPG

:soldier

Back