• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry JGSDF TYPE 87 - Sherman 18

Well I got as far as the oil wash and start the powder wash and putting the mud on. I'm not sure why it seemed it to gather in some places and not others. I got close to the dead line this time. (y)

I'm getting frustrated with it right now, so to the queen shelf it will go for now.

TYPE874_zps5e336098.jpg

TYPE87_zpsce10b28c.jpg

Well I got as far as the oil wash and start the powder wash and putting the mud on. I'm not sure why it seemed it to gather in some places and not others.

Maybe we can help you if you tell us what you used for mud,and if you used a flat or gloss coat underneath it,Jeff.

Well done on the paint job. (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Well I got as far as the oil wash and start the powder wash and putting the mud on. I'm not sure why it seemed it to gather in some places and not others.

Maybe we can help you if you tell us what you used for mud,and if you used a flat or gloss coat underneath it,Jeff.

Well done on the paint job. (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron,

This is how I painted it;
color coat from Humbrol
gloss from Testors Model Master
then dull coat from again Testors, I let that dry 4 weeks
oil wash Windsor Newton, I let dry 3 weeks
powder is from Weather System mixed with rubbing alcohol

This is how I painted it;
color coat from Humbrol
gloss from Testors Model Master
then dull coat from again Testors, I let that dry 4 weeks
oil wash Windsor Newton, I let dry 3 weeks
powder is from Weather System mixed with rubbing alcohol

I don't think you did anything wrong at this point,Jeff.

You could use with water thinned down white glue and add the powder in build up layers,letting the mud dry and do some more layers till your happy with the results.

Greetings,Ron.

Back