• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry JGSDF TYPE 87 - Sherman 18

Just a little done. The handles in the kit are GREAT, the cages, not so much

Type_87_.jpg

Type_87__28229.jpg

Calling assembly done. I will add the light cages after painting around the lights. No major pit falls found. Nice little kit.

Type_87_5__28529.jpg

Type_87_5__28429.jpg

Type_87_5__28329.jpg

Type_87_5__28229.jpg

Type_87_5_.jpg

Up next primer and paint! :D

This is looking great! I wish they'd shrink it down to my scale! I can't wait to see it in that three-tone camo pattern!

Got the primer on and hit some spots that need some more assembly after painting hit with green. I missed the "tone" of green I was wanting. :idonno It should be okay I can always respray :D

Type877.jpg

Type8773.jpg

Type8776.jpg

I also had trouble with the paint drying, only 50 degrees in the garage. Figures since it was in the mid 80s all week.

Looks really nice,I'm learning lots from these armour threads so thanks for your efforts here :popcorn

Its interesting to see at what stage people start painting. It varies quite a lot.

:popcorn

When I get a cold day when painting I have a pedestal lamp with an old style clear 60watt globe that chucks out a nice spread of heat, I just move the flexible lamp head close to the parts and this acts like a mini drying oven with the domed lamp head.

Invaluable help for drying paints - cheap too!

Phil took you up on your suggestion - I must say it worked well. (y)

Paddy, glad your able to pick up something up. Thank you. :D

MP, Oh I think your on to something there. :hmmm

Thank you James. B)

Okay yesterday tried the paint thing again. You know what, I love the color of the yellow/brown, but I think it should be much darker.

Type8784.jpg

Type8783.jpg

Type8782.jpg

Both the green and the brown look so light in the pictures. I sit here now, looking at it and it seems dark (the way I think it should be)

next step is to clear coat it and decal.

Back