• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTERY - Nsmekanik- 1/72 Revel Lancaster

oldschoolsexycar24.jpg

Cheers :drinks

:sick: I'll stick with the grinder girl thanks!

This is really starting to take life (y)

I have no idea what color the bomb was , but primer would make good sense . It certainly did not have to be pretty and there was not need for it to have a long shelf life . :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys (y) , this one is slow going cuase all I seem to be doing is work work work............sigh :S . Any way, once again tripped up by Revels instructions, according to my references these bombers retained the FN 64 belly turret and Revel even supplies the parts for it, only Revel doesn't tell you that.
IMG_1031.jpg

That they are on the bomb sprue and one of the first things I did was to glue the bomb together is not relevant to the conversation....... :pinch:

Painting the bomb black would certainly be the easier way out being that it is much less fiddly to build and install everything as a single unit, but with a little care it is possible to build them separately to ease the painting schedule. From what I can tell the bearing mounts stayed with the plane and so I glued them to the bomb mounts and will be satisfied with the being black although I won't say that is a for sure thing.
IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

And playing around with the Photobucket editing tools I managed to get the bomb to look a bit closer to it's actual colour
IMG_1034-1.jpg

:drinks

I have this picture of a bomb at my local museum but i dont know if its an original colour, a sort of Grey Blue. You can see the red lead undercoat in places. I think what you have done is great and looks suitably dramatic.
Loving this build :)

DSC_0011.jpg

Thanks Paddy :) . What it is is that while buzzing around the net looking for tidbits here and there about "Upkeep" I ran across an obscure posting in an obscure thread in some obscure forum by a gentleman who claimed to be researching a book about the Dambusters. In it this gentleman stated that while there was an "order" or whatever it was called as to what colours the various bombs were to be painted as per usage i.e.. practise bomb, there is no evidence that they were ever actually followed. In fact the one live one the Germans found was still in in it's primer, as apparently they left the factory in only the primer and it was up to the unit to paint them whatever colour, and we all know how that goes.....

Yeah, I like the red-primered bomb better. This is so cool! I've always wanted to build one of these; maybe someday.

Here's where things are at the moment, unfortunately the canopy was going a bit sideways on me so it didn't turn out as nicely as I would have liked.
IMG_1039.jpg

:drinks

Geeze it's already been two weeks since my last post. I have been making some progress on this bird, but the canopy was just a pita for me for some reason, not the kits fault, oh well.
IMG_1044.jpg

The engines and the tops of the outer wings are not attached yet....just sorta hangin on :D
IMG_1045.jpg

:geek :drinks

Back