• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTERY - Nsmekanik- 1/72 Revel Lancaster

Tanks Dudes :ro: ......

I'm almost ready to button this part up, not my greatest work I'm sorry to say :( but then for what it's worth not much can be seen when it's all together so I'm not losing any sleep over it, besides I'm having alot of fun with it so why ruin a good thing :D .
The instrument decal doesn't line up with all the lumps and bumps, at least I couldn't get it to, so if I had to do it all over again I'd shave them all off...... any way a last few before "closure"

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

:drinks

Thanks Guys :D , and hey just to let you all know I am peekin in on everybody's builds and there is some especialy nice stuff going on here :notworthy , sorry I've not kept up on my :popcorn but between work and women :java I've been a little lazy that way.

Movin along getting things buttoned up, here is a bit of what I'm saying about some of the moulding issues, now again nothing serious mind you, the attachment point is the little nib to the left.
IMG_0980.jpg

And as good a view of the surface as I can get.
IMG_0987.jpg

So far this has been pretty much a puttyless build, but the fit of the bombay does leave a bit to be desired. I had to sand a fair bit off the ends to get it go into place without the use of a lot of force although by looking at this you'd probably think it was a bit on the lose side
IMG_0984.jpg

And then we have the rather large step to deal with that cleaning up will cut into the nicely rounded end of the beveled edge.
IMG_0981.jpg

So far up to this point everything has had an excellent fit, and even in that our problem child does not represent any serious difficulty. Does anyone have a good pic of this area? I've been all over and can't find anything decent.

I have been through my pics but trouble is that area is dambusters only and my guess is it was classified at the time so pics are few and far between. enjoying the build :)

the fit of the bombay does leave a bit to be desired. I had to sand a fair bit off the ends to get it go into place without the use of a lot of force although by looking at this you'd probably think it was a bit on the lose side

Looks to me like close flak burst damage!

great going Tim

Nice job so far, Tim. I had a similar problem with the bomb bay doors on my A/M B-25. After beating them into submission, I learned that they were never meant to modeled closed. :bang head

Had another late day this morning, gonna have to rub it in about somebody showing up for their *part time job* :laugh: . That's ok I guess giving it up after smoking 2 packs a day for 40 years can be a bit hard on the system :sick: (I'm next me thinks).

Not much a guy can do about the bottom end 'cept yank out the power grinder and do some heavy metal damage :woohoo: .....
IMG_0988.jpg

Me tinx all NMF models should be moulded in black plastic.......sure save all yose NMF hex purts a lot of grief in finding them thar finishin flaws :D
Of course, not being one of those Senstive male types I applied a touch excessive clamping pressure to the rear fuselage section and split the seem :pinch:

It's amazing what can be accomplished when you have the......ahem......"right" tools for the job :zen .

Any way after a bit polish and shine I ended up with this, which I think looks a heck of a lot better then it did when I started
IMG_1008.jpg

This was the worst part of the join, because there is a clear part that inserts, there is a bit of a step in the plastic to accommodate that which of course leads to that 'orrible "V" notch in the joint so I gouged out the seem line and filled it in with some stretched sprue which is a technique I find usually works well for me.
IMG_1009.jpg

And a touch of filler to the top to deal with some minor imperfections, I'm sure this makes it all look worse then it is.
IMG_1010.jpg

And as just as a bit of a foot note, I was looking for an appropriate pick of some sexy lass using an Buffer on a car, but after several google search attempts using what I thought would be good search words, no such luck :( . Any way no doubt somebody out there has a few good pics and knows the correct search words and whatever, but I finally gave up and went for "sexy car" ............. :woohoo: .......sure there are some cars in the pics, but who cares :evil: . So after "a lot" of *careful* review I settled on what I thought might be a "tasteful" picture of a young lady polishing a car :D . But then I thought that maybe I was getting a bit carried away, and I certainly wouldn't want to upset anyone or get a pinky slap from any of the mods :hmmm , so I settled on just using it for wall paper :coolio . Still, I wanted to leave you all with something.........
So I will leave you with todays "Sexy Car" Pick of the day
oldschoolsexycar24.jpg

Cheers :drinks

Back