• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTERY - Nsmekanik- 1/72 Revel Lancaster

You posted two weeks ago and it got missed?! Damn Tim, that's lookin' right. Looks like a complex canopy, whip it big guy! :pilot

Hey Guy's :Hiay I do appreciate the interest :drinks .
Not being one to follow instructions I saw no reason to break with tradition in putting this together. First I installed the upper inner wing section to the lower half, and after the glue had set I glued the interior frame work to the upper wing and then to the lower wing half. It is important to make sure that the wing halves follow the framework profile as the framework profile matches exactly the nacelles profile.
IMG_1051.jpg

The instructions would have you attach the rear bulkhead to the wing but I chose to build it into the nacelle and the Nacelle's separately from the wing assembly to assist with painting and kept everything lined up and strong.
IMG_1053.jpg

Next I added the landing gear mount and then the 2 centre ribs with the nacelle set in place to help make sure everting fit.
IMG_1052.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

I suppose I could glue it all together at this point but to me it will be easier to clean all the joints up after the wings have been fully assembled without the nacelles in place, I also added a strip to strengthen the upper wing joint
IMG_1048.jpg

Time for some paint :D

Years ago I built the normal Lancaster in 1/72 by Revell for a friend of mine. I don't recall the interior engine nacelle detail being like this. Id this a newer kit?

It's sure looking good.

Are the props the wider paddle blade type?

Cheers

Years ago I built the normal Lancaster in 1/72 by Revell for a friend of mine. I don't recall the interior engine nacelle detail being like this. Id this a newer kit?

It's sure looking good.

Are the props the wider paddle blade type?

Cheers

Yes it's a new kit, and it comes with both the paddle and needle tip props.
:drinks

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying this :notworthy Well here is where it's at and where it will be staying for a while so i get as strong a joint as I can. The dihedral may appear to be a bit much but actauly as the wings are not glued on so once the tension is released the wings will settle back down to where they should be.
IMG_1061.jpg

:drinks :D

Back