• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Build Moon Puppy P38

Disappointment grows. Trying to test fit the cockpit and just doesn't seem to flow. Anyone seen this kit build anywhere?

Found this build.
http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=196017&page=1

It all boils down to those side walls being too long. I'll make it work if I have to get some other cockpit set for the Academy kit.

But if you're looking at this Eduard set being a great build..forgetaboutit... I'm officially giving this kit a thumbs down.

That's a shame since it looks so nice in the box.

What is it about Eduard kits being so hit and miss? Their "hits" are awesome and the "misses" are a big mess. Its like there is no in-between with those guys.

I hit thank you instead of reply...:bang head

You have to wonder if anyone there actually constructed the kit with the Resin installed. I've learned not to be the first kid on the block to rush out and get the brand new kit before someone builds it.

Further work, yes WORK to make this fit. Not going to fit. When assembled the IP stands too tall, dry fitting shows there will be no way to install the windscreen because the IP will stand in the way. Pictures later.

Sounds like they just chucked a bunch of resin parts in there hoping to lure people into paying more for the kit.

If its as bad as you say, I would contact them and give 'em earful.

I did that once before on the Wildcat Flaps they have in 1:32. All I got back was basically yeah, would you like another set of PE for free?

I'm going to push forward to try and make this work.

MP, I really do admire your courage. I'm not sure there is any manufacturer that has designed a buildable P-38. Usually they take a calm and collected modeller, and turn them into Mr Hyde.

I sincerely wish you all the best in your noble quest. Hope to have a great success.

Thank you Ben, based on what you say, i'm the last guy here who needs to be doing this! :mpup

Got a game plan. Going to install windscreen and build down and around from there. then if it doesn't fit screw it. Going back to the Corsair with the fresh set of resin that we know fits!

Scan-of-original-poster-1939-300px.jpg

Positive waves have helped guys. Thanks!

Positive waves and massive alteration of the resin. I got before and after shots, hopefully others will see one way to fix this. Pictures coming later, lots to write up.

Must be something wrong with me as i feel mildly attracted to this kit now ;) As i said before there are rules in life you have to live by and Aires for resin and Eduard for PE. is like the eleventh commandment
I can feel a "what if" here with a twin tailed corsair :)

Back