• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BTM-3 High speed trencher

I have wondered the same thing about the chain drive. in reference pics the chain looks stout. I still believe it would have been a maintenance nightmare

It's probably not a very precise thing but still , a chain saw blade goes from very sharp to ( won't cut a piece of bread ) in 0.1 second of contacting dirt . :pinch:
Even in the bearing manufacturing business where everything is polished and oiled, the material handling didn't last very long.

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian I did look for more reference on the chain and could only find the same stuff . I am guessing your chain saw analogy is spot on......Did a little ab work to break up the mono tone and started the wear process

h007b27a.JPG

hd47589e.JPG

h66bd9d6.JPG

h955bdb1.JPG

h2f282db.JPG

he025c34.JPG

That looks great! Very interesting topic. Your reference pix at the top of the thread are great too... if they were someones build and not the real thing, we might say it was over weathered!

thanks guys. Progress has been a little slower lately also dealing with the shelf failure and the destruction of my lap top. trying to use the phone for pics and everything else so please excuse the bad pics.

h43dd7ef.jpg

h6553f22.jpg

h76c4aee.jpg

h9c140e9.jpg

h3abb30f.jpg

thank you luiz. I was trying to get more done earlier and just could not comcentrate. hopefully will get more done tomorrow

Back