• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BTM-3 High speed trencher

Progress has been a little slow the past couple of days. I got sidetracked doing some Isherman tracks .
The rest of the interior is ready for primer. More of the tracks built . Started the chain drive system for the trencher. This is where Trumpeter really excels

hf8669fd.JPG

h5b26d3f.JPG

h308c728.JPG

hda95b62.JPG

h3f449f9.JPG

h9f3725e.JPG

h5a9e828.JPG

Not sure how I missed this one but I love all the extra attention to detail you've put into it...stellar so far!!

Thank you Jeeves. It is actually a really good kit. There are a few small details that were a p I t a. I was coming off of a slump and really wanted to do something more than just a basic build.

Made much progress. its starting to look like a vehicle now. primer is on and curing. I always love to see the primer go in it just seems to tie everything together

hb3d3c63.JPG

h3740a07.JPG

hf5076ec.JPG

he745b5e.JPG

h553d9c4.JPG

h086306e.JPG

Started getting the base color on .The metalizer for the chains is also on . There is still much to do before this will look like anything but a green blob. It should start to move along better now. I almost forgot the trencher assembly has begun. This is a model all by itself

h8908f6c.JPG

h6345788.JPG

h53d6bbf.JPG

hf1544ec.JPG

:popcorn Interesting gadget . Can't help but wonder how long all that chain drive mechanism held up to all that dirt :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

I have wondered the same thing about the chain drive. in reference pics the chain looks stout. I still believe it would have been a maintenance nightmare

Back