• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blackburn Skua

Over the last couple of days I have been tinkering with little bits and pieces.

The first is the trapeze for the bomb .

Skua_details_001a.jpg

Several pieces had to be made from brass to make it look descent.

The next problem was that the provided no bomb :facepalm for a dive bomber .

So, I cannibalized one from an Airfix Lancaster and did an upgrade with the tail fin.

The other came from my spares and seem to be a German bomb.

Skua_details_002a.jpg

The installation and next picture is the correct painting for an early Brit bomb Yellow and Buff.

Skua_details_003a.jpg

Finally , the gun mount was tried for fit but was too large, and as I was trying to pull it out if fell into the rear fuselage where it stuck :bang head

I made a new mount to the proper size and painted the bits before installation.

Skua_details_004a.jpg

Hope to get it and the glass installed tomorrow.

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Edd, Mike , Dave , Randy Thanks for looking in on me

Early this morning

Skua_almost_003a.jpg

Then before the fog lifted I had visitors .

Skua_almost_002a.jpg

Skua_almost_001a.jpg

By this evening still have a couple of thing to do . Should be done tomorrow .

Skua_almost_004a.jpg

Skua_almost_005a.jpg

Noting left but the antenna wire and a bit and painting and off course some dirty effects

That tail wheel is very fragile and the repair is curing.

Cheers, Christian B)

Very cool Chris, I like the black and white!

I'm curious why the white doesn't extend all the way to the center of the fuse like the black. Any Idea why?

It makes it look distinctive though!

:popcorn

Not really Warren . I think Rich explained it very well ( above )

It appears that the Brits issued some poorly written directives which were followed by an equally weak interpretation of the directives.

Throw in the availability of materials and man power and it's all over the place.

A real good example of that would be the Malta birds. Particularly the Spitfires. People trying are still trying to make sense of that today.

Cheers, Christian B)

Should have read a little more closely!! :smack

Thanks!

Fantastic work Christian!

Interested to see what the "twins" might be that you mentioned! :hmmm

:drinks

Great work Christian, I haven't checked in on this one since early on. It looks like the kit had most of the usual Special Hobby gotchas. For some reason SH gets passed by for aftermarket and I really miss mask sets. Their decals as you said are first rate and are easily as good or better than some of the first line makers at least in their newer kits.

Back