• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blackburn Skua

phantom II

Master at Arms
Me , in a hurry ? Never . :rotf But since I got the Ok, I will post the start up pictures.

Skua_startup_001a.jpg

Skua_startup_002A.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy start up picture . I can post another if you want one.

I recently bough a magazine that contained an article about the Sweden museum restoring a crash landed HE 111 that was shot down by a pair of Skuas and subsequently crash landed in deep snow in Sweden.

Interesting article that showed pictures of all the aircrew members then and now .

Cheers, Christian B)

Since Chris is out of the gate already, anyone else want's to start today git'er done. I see you found the button Chris :geek

Yep, I think it could be fun if the plastic is descent .

Interesting thing is that there is no aftermarket stuff for it. Not even mask.

Cheers, Christian B)

No aftermarket, well you'd think there's got to be a post market for it to start with. I've never heard of this thing before you started talking about it. That's why I love your builds, never something we've seen before.

:popcorn

Cool Beans Chris. I havent seen one of these done in eons. Cant wait to see your expert touch (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Cool Beans Chris. I havent seen one of these done in eons. Cant wait to see your expert touch (y) (y) (y) :D
James

I hope I can live up to your expectation James . I had never thought considered this bird seriously until I read that article .

I have to say has a good look in that paint scheme . :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

No aftermarket, well you'd think there's got to be a post market for it to start with. I've never heard of this thing before you started talking about it. That's why I love your builds, never something we've seen before.

:popcorn

I always say I like them all Bob.

Actually I've had this other kit in my stash for a long time but have not had the guts to try it and build it yet.

BlackburnRocNo10.jpg

The Blackburn Rock which was an evolution of the Skua and a failure .

The Pavla kit needs a lot of fabrication to just build it and it's probably not as good of a kit as this one.

Interesting none the less.

Cheers, Christian B)

I can see how it was a failure, missing a couple of engines wasn't it? That blunt windscreen couldn't have helped it any either.

Very nice choice :good: ... I just can remmenber of my Antartic time when I always saw many Skuas :D :D ...

Good lucky my friend!

Luiz

I can see how it was a failure, missing a couple of engines wasn't it? That blunt windscreen couldn't have helped it any either.

No, but it probably was good for viewing the deck on landings.

The Skua was underpowered and adding that amount of weight to the airframe didn't help it any.

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice choice :good: ... I just can remmenber of my Antartic time when I always saw many Skuas :D :D ...

Good lucky my friend!

Luiz

:rotf :rotf :rotf Thank you Luiz . Wouldn't have thought there would be so many birds in such a cold environment.

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice one Chris, I can't remember if I'm in this one or not, I'll check, it would be nice to be your wingman. :pilot

I'll bet that nice flat windscreen was easy to look thru, as you came roaring seaward, in a dive bombing run. I've never seen an FAA Skua put together. I like your less-than-mainstream choices, Chris! :salute

I'll bet that nice flat windscreen was easy to look thru, as you came roaring seaward, in a dive bombing run. I've never seen an FAA Skua put together. I like your less-than-mainstream choices, Chris! :salute

Thanks Chris . I'm not sure I would recognise the Nile river if I came acrossed it :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys . Guess I'll be sort of watching myself since it's not something one get's to see :captain

Sort of like the KA-GO . You just don't know till you get there.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back