• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blackburn Skua

:pilot

Must be Rabbit season...:popcorn

Yes, those are Jackalopes . They grow bir around these parts :coolio

Sorry, I just realized some of you may not know what that creature is. Found mostly out west around Texas.

Jackalope.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Think I'll call this one done .

One of the things I wanted to accomplish today was to correct the leading edge of the right outboard wing .

Notice the I corrected the ( mixed ) gray and the sea gray . Same bottles as before . Stirred and thinned as before . :bang head . The paints looked totally different. Hopping that the will lighten up as they continue to cure.

Skua_the_end_002a.jpg

Just a quick shot for now. Will try to post more after class this evening .

Skua_the_end_003a.jpg

I had save this old kit for years , but luckily I won't have to build it now . I can bid it "a dieux " and take it to the club raffle . ( an antique ) Two more boxes gone :yipee

Skua_the_end_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

My battery is charging . Pictures tomorrow .

moon puppy wrote:

Sorry, I just realized some of you may not know what that creature is. Found mostly out west around Texas.

Jackalope.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

My battery is charging . Pictures tomorrow .

moon puppy wrote:

Jackalope.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Yup. Sure do!!

Thanks Randy , Luiz, Ed , Warren, Mike, Ian, Bob Mr. T for facilitating me with my plastic adiction.

Cheers, Christian B)

Excellent work master! :notworthy :notworthy

See? I could never (ever!) get the paint that smooth...

Beautiful work on such an ugly bird I (I really don't like British planes. No offense!)

Cheers

Alex

Excellent work master! :notworthy :notworthy

See? I could never (ever!) get the paint that smooth...

Beautiful work on such an ugly bird I (I really don't like British planes. No offense!)

Cheers

Alex

No offense taken . They built some ungainly looking birds but In my eyes, this one actually has some strangely graceful geometry to it.

At any rate this is more about building what I don't have on the shelf yet.

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice finish (y) (y) If your touch was done by brushing rather than airbrushing, it's bound to look different even from the same bottle. I read the science of this somewhere but don''t remember the details, In any event I couldn't see the difference in the photo.

Nice finish (y) (y) If your touch was done by brushing rather than airbrushing, it's bound to look different even from the same bottle. I read the science of this somewhere but don''t remember the details, In any event I couldn't see the difference in the photo.

Actually, I tried to brush it. Did'nt like it . Masked and airbrushed ...Still looks different :idonno

Take another look at the leading edge of the right wing between the landing light and the pitot.

The sea gray looks more like gray that green .

Might just have to call it a field repair :rotf

OK, battery charged , operator caffeined up. Beauty shots coming up.

Cheers, Christian B)

Finally here with the rest of the pictures . Hope you enjoy .

Skua_finished_017a.jpg

Frankly the engine PE was a time saver but it still looks too large . The resin engine was fabulous though.

Added these two taillights . Only painted sprue but I'm happy with them.

Skua_finished_007a.jpg

Very fragile little tail wheel broke twice even though I was aware of it's fragility :facepalm

Skua_finished_014a.jpg

A peek inside the offices.

Skua_finished_006a.jpg

I did notice some shots of what appeared to be well maintained birds with large exhaust stains on the right side .

Skua_finished_009a.jpg

Skua_finished_012a.jpg

Skua_finished_005a.jpg

Skua_finished_013a.jpg

Skua_finished__016a.jpg

Skua_finished_002b.jpg

A peek at the strange pitot that appeared on the early Skuas

Hope you enjoyed this one. I did . The kit has some hiccups but is a much better representation of this bird .

The skua was the Navy equivalent of the RAF. Spitfire but rather underpowered .

Still, it is credited with the first kill by British aviation . It achieved a lot of good work but it's history has pretty much remained unsung .

The End .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back