• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109-g-6

Looking really good Bob. I think it is showing you the port side if you look at the arrow above it pointing forward.

Looking really good Bob. I think it is showing you the port side if you look at the arrow above it pointing forward.
I think it's one of those perception things. The darker side to me looks like the starboard side of the canopy. :blink :idonno

i wish I could find an actual photo if that handle, it doesn't google well.

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/bf109-canopy-for-avidflyer.40567/

There it is. :coolio

Dont know if these help some.

h93ba9da_2018-05-22.jpg

For discussion purposes only.

More soldering fun!

h14c2d67.jpg

Just realized my canopy handle is backwards... can't undo it at this point.

h14787e8.jpg

Need to paint now, not much more soldering I can do. I know the armor plate needs to lean forward a bit, it's just dry fitted in place.

How are you going to make the armoured glass? I've been looking at this and I cant figure what would be good. Does Radu give suggestions?
James

How are you going to make the armoured glass? I've been looking at this and I cant figure what would be good. Does Radu give suggestions?
James

Think I"m going to cut out the kit part and slip it in there. :v

They supply thin clear sheet to cut out for the glazing. It's the same stuff the offered on the -10 canopy but I screwed that one up early on, complex curves and stuff.

I have these PE canopy's never brave enough to start one ,you're doing a great job.

h5a41c46_2018-05-24.gif

I have these PE canopy's never brave enough to start one ,you're doing a great job.

h5a41c46_2018-05-24.gif

What got me on the -10 canopy was the complex curve of the glass and the rail, I had too much solder flow in, didn't have my nice soldering station then. I like the square stuff, much easier to bend to shape! :D :mpup

James

Think I"m going to cut out the kit part and slip it in there. :v

They supply thin clear sheet to cut out for the glazing. It's the same stuff the offered on the -10 canopy but I screwed that one up early on, complex curves and stuff.

They do make de-soldering tools you know :coolio Just saying .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well I got progress.

Colors...ok grey but it's still a color.

h3959a9f.jpg

Internal colors on the canopy. This is a little mock up how it'll look. Hope I get this right!

First, a word about Vallejo and their RLM colors. They stink. You can't tell the diff in RLM 74 and 75, in fact, they have RLM 75 labeled Panzer Grey. Luckily I have a Model Master Acrylic RLM75 that works great. In fact, think i'm going to stop buying Vallejo and go MM instead. Seems to be much more solid and not prone to peeling.

as you can see here.

h61285bf.jpg

And the instructions are really blowing my mind. Their grey scale instructions has RLM 74 lighter than 75 so when I look at the instructions for the pattern, dark is light, light is dark. It was really blowing my mind... :bang head
h389ca91.jpg

so after much masking and scratching my head, I got this.
h4225a83.jpg

h965fadf.jpg

About those rivet heads. Yes, I can see them but you can't. I sanded slightly with some 3600 paper and they really pop then. You can see a slight rise on the surface, just can't see it in the photos. I'm interested how they will look when washed. :idonno

Hope y'all likin this. :mpup

Back