• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Beriev Be-6 (Trumpeter 1/72)

Stunning work man! Remind me to not take mine in to any contest you go to! LOL! Truly masterful work on display here.

One mistake I made with this kit (noticed after I finished), the little exhaust on the port side near the back (seen in this image) isn't supposed to be there (keep an eye out Gary when you build yours!!).

the one directly above the rudder

hf4b1eb4_2018-02-23.jpg

It must have been added with the Chinese turbo prop version because it wasn't on the reference pics I saw or the surviving one in Russia.

Wish I had noticed sooner!! :bang head

I think I made that same mistake on mine; then again, I didn't look at reference pics. I just built it.

Brilliant job once again! Thanks for the memories too.

Great finish Warren, both the paint and the details (y) (y) I can only hope mine comes out that nice. I agree with Christian that the intakes were kept high to avoid ingesting water. Still bears a remarkable similarity to the Martin Mariner

I like it Warren . It looks much better than all the box art i've seen.

I suspect the engines look strange because they were trying to keep them out of the sea spray .

Saying that it's Russian will explain a lot of things :rotf

Cheers, Christian

Thanks Christian! I mixed both of the paints for the body, the green and the blue, they may be a little darker or lighter than they actually should be but..... Its Russian!

Stunning work man! Remind me to not take mine in to any contest you go to! LOL! Truly masterful work on display here.

One mistake I made with this kit (noticed after I finished), the little exhaust on the port side near the back (seen in this image) isn't supposed to be there (keep an eye out Gary when you build yours!!).

the one directly above the rudder

hf4b1eb4_2018-02-23.jpg

It must have been added with the Chinese turbo prop version because it wasn't on the reference pics I saw or the surviving one in Russia.

Wish I had noticed sooner!! :bang head

I think I made that same mistake on mine; then again, I didn't look at reference pics. I just built it.

Brilliant job once again! Thanks for the memories too.

Thanks Mark, if I had recalled, you did a great job on yours as well!

Great finish Warren, both the paint and the details (y) (y) I can only hope mine comes out that nice. I agree with Christian that the intakes were kept high to avoid ingesting water. Still bears a remarkable similarity to the Martin Mariner

Thanks Gary!

At the meeting, someone had built the Minicraft Mariner and we had them side by side and they do look amazingly similar. They are practically the same dimensions. I know the Beriev was bulit around '49 well after the Mariner so I am curious how much the Mariner might have influenced the Be-6!

Back