• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ants' "Duel in the sun" dio

Hi Erik

All the "stuff" I use for my trees and groundwork are TREEMENDUS products. These are all handmade scenic modelling materials. Please take a look at -

http://www.treemendusmodels.co.uk

Ant - TREEMENDUS

I made a start on the ruined house today, this is the first phase. I am thinking about knocking some holes through the walls where the damaged stonework is and removing some of the corner stones to make it look even more battered. When all the cork sheet has been applied the whole thing will be given a skim of plaster.

2009_1218lakevrnwy0007.jpg

2009_1218lakevrnwy0015.jpg

Cheers

Ant

Hey thanks MP. Another update on the house is coming soon. The halftrack is almost finished too so the next step will be to get everything together on the base, add lots of rubble and debris etc, complete the groundwork and add all the bits and bobs that will be strewn all over the farmyard. Then weather everything to give it a uniform look. What a great hobby we have. :cheer:

Ant

Way to go Ant , nice progress .
This will tie in nicely with what you've already built !!!

I know it's a little late , but maybe you can add some brick work on the inner destroyed parts of the building to show the thickness of the walls ?

Unless you're depicting a brick/stone house with inner plaster and lathe walls ?

picture_795_20100102_1123102515.jpg

Cheers Glenn. That brickwork of yours look very realistic. Are those bricks cast from plaster?

I am thinking of an old wall that has been faced with more modern brick so I have added what will look like old stones within the original wall. The photos below hopefully give the impression of what I mean. That said I might need to add more stones to get the right look?

2009_1225lakevrnwy0022.jpg

2009_1225lakevrnwy0055.jpg

2009_1225lakevrnwy0037.jpg

2009_1225lakevrnwy0040.jpg

2009_1225lakevrnwy0045.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ant

Looks great ants...
Coming along nicely, Love the "air conditioning" in the house.
Should let the gentle breeze right in. :evil:
Shawn

Nope , your cool , that's what I was trying to say , the first pics didn't have the inner " meat " of stones or brick , showing what was between the outer and inner walls.

The bricks in my pic. are plaster - joint compound - sheet rock mud .

I found some plastic ice cube like trays , sectioned off to 1/35 [ roughly ] size .
I just fill them with plaster and when dry , pop em out .
I have ten or so trays in different sizes and they make about forty bricks per tray .

Shawn, Glenn, Randy and Johnny

Thanks for your comments once again. I will try to update later this week. I am pretty close to getting it all together and then begins the exiting detailing stage. :woohoo:

Ant

looking mighty fine anthony!

the only strange thing would be the piece of wall above the door, the one with some roof part! to me it looks way too heavy that the construction still could bear it in such a tiny spot! it could be moments before it breaks apart and falls down but still i'm a bit sceptic about that part of the ruin!

Good eye Laura , ....... didn't notice till you mentioned it , ......

Ant , it does look a tad " tippy ' , is there any way you can add debris on the inside to sort of support the bit in question ?

Maybe add a small floor area on the second floor with debris to support the tippy looking area ?

Laura, Glenn

Thanks for your honest opinions. True it does look a bit impossible but when it is in position on the dio the tree is helping it stay up. It will also help to create a little tension in the back corner of the dio. I do hope to have it in place next week hopefully.

Cheers

Ant

i should have known that you would have something in the pipe for that spot anthony! :)

in fact that's a brilliant idea and i'm looking strongly forward to see it realized!

Re:Ants' "Duel in the sun" dio - Finished

This is now finished. Please follow the link below to see more photos. Thanks very much for following this build.

2010_0128lakevrnwy0122.jpg

http://www.tanksandthings.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=16&id=22934#22934

Ant

Back