• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Started the Takom Skoda "Turtle" today just for fun...not pleased with the fit of the four piece turret....

ha054464.jpg

h63f867c.jpg

OUCH! Good luck with that! Makes me rethink Takom's quality of other kits and their fit.

Cheers

Oh the other ones are splendid...this is probably my 6th or 7th Takom kit and the first one I've had issues with...

Sat around last night on call. I don't like to get into anything like painting, details, etc. in the case I have to drop everything and run out.

I pulled out the MBT-70 kit. This what I happen to have done. Very relaxing I must say

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

Thought this going to be an out of the box build when I started last night :idonno

Got to use some power tools this afternoon :rotf

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

Yep a War elephant in 75mm scale. Hopefully I casn do it justice.
Here is what it should look like before painting.

hc0156c7.jpg

h2b04bac.jpg

he6ea7e2.jpg

The base I'm looking at should be 25cmx20cm
James

Wow some nice projects in the works here (y)
James, that elephant looks like a challenge to paint!! :woohoo:
Here is something i am doing paralell with the "forrest find" went this saturday to a newstarted figure painting group, enjoyed it very much and it will be more visits there.

h16ef4e8.JPG

hc682070.JPG

Not showing so good in these pics but i am busy with the hair, base in acrylics and the oil over, willadd some darker washes later to make it show a little more.

h05ed975.JPG

ha43a56b.JPG

h35f01d8.JPG

Pretty happy with this one, but still lots to do.

//Mats

Thanks Bob, not bad for a beginner :D It's a way old Eduard cockpit for the Revel 190 that I've had kicking around since for ever and a revel 190 that's parts so good to practice on.
:drinks

Back