• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

This is no reflection on the conversation(s) at hand but we, your friendly Modelers Alliance Staff, feel the need to remind everyone of our rules on the forum.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/rules

No harm no foul on anyone and do not consider anyone as being warned. Just want to remind everyone there are some topics and even comments we do not need on our Modeling website.

I know I'm guilty also for not adhering to this part "We're here to talk about models and related subjects." as well as I should so let's all get focused back on the quirky little hobby we all share.

This is no reflection on the conversation(s) at hand but we, your friendly Modelers Alliance Staff, feel the need to remind everyone of our rules on the forum.

No harm no foul on anyone and do not consider anyone as being warned. Just want to remind everyone there are some topics and even comments we do not need on our Modeling website.

I know I'm guilty also for not adhering to this part "We're here to talk about models and related subjects." as well as I should so let's all get focused back on the quirky little hobby we all share.

Sort of strange thing to say since this particular topic thread seldom seems to offer anything about modeling.

Won't waste any more time ! :pilot

Well then, allow me to get this back on topic...

Went to my Hobby Day yesterday and got to enjoy the company of eight other model builders as we sat around working on our models. One guy brought in his entire collection of Aurora's First to Fight models that he'd manage to get some years back. I finally got all my main booster rockets completed on my Saturn V and hope to get more done today since I'm going back. Here's hoping for a very productive day at Hobby Day Saturday.

Well I may have a new job sooner then I think. I applied for a job on Tuesday morning. Got a call no more then an hour later for an interview. Did the interview on Thursday, now I have a second interview this next week. Crossing my fingers. Sure would be nice to get out of the place I am in now. Not a big fan of working on the weekends.

Went to my Hobby Day yesterday and got to enjoy the company of eight other model builders as we sat around working on our models. One guy brought in his entire collection of Aurora's First to Fight models that he'd manage to get some years back. I finally got all my main booster rockets completed on my Saturn V and hope to get more done today since I'm going back. Here's hoping for a very productive day at Hobby Day Saturday.

That's the spirit Mark. :mpup

Ryan hope your interview goes well and gets you back to the work bench. :eek:hyeah

That's the spirit Mark. :mpup

Ryan hope your interview goes well and gets you back to the work bench. :eek:hyeah

I sure hope so also Bob. Hard to do any modeling when I work from 10am to 9pm. Then when I'm not working I am so stressed out about going to work the next day :bang head

Decided to work a bit on my 1/35 Marquette (sp?) Valentine tank tracks today. Maybe doing a Valentine tank on Valentine's Day will get those tracks finished?

Cheers from Peter

Multi-tasking day.

1. Making Boeuf Bourguignon a La Julia Child for tonight's dinner and Swiss Chocolate cake for dessert.

2. In between cooking stages, embarking on the adventure of decaling the upper surfaces of my HB W.12 floats.

Cheers,
Rich

Car shopping... In a blizzard.... Think I'm gonna buy a 2014 Sonata...

med3d-siffle.gif

:bat

Multi-tasking day.

1. Making Boeuf Bourguignon a La Julia Child for tonight's dinner and Swiss Chocolate cake for dessert.

2. In between cooking stages, embarking on the adventure of decaling the upper surfaces of my HB W.12 floats.

Cheers,
Rich

We call it Beef Stew down here and I did the same thing, a La Bob's Kitchen though. Best i can offer up this Valentines day.

I made it to the bench today, worked on the P6-E some, cleaning up the seam lines and trying to figure out how to mate the landing gear to the fuselage. Busted 3 drill bits on the damn thing!

Also worked on the Bf109, little pin wash. :drinks

Long weekend for me,so I can get some bench time. :)

Working on my grenadier figure for Watch Your Figure.
Thinking about using a pigment wash on the figgie's helmet,have to see if it works out OK.

Just (yesterday) finished my final color coat on my 1/35 scale French Officers uniform; next will be the final dry brushing for the lightest highlights on hat and trousers...
...THEN..:eek:hmy:.​
..... I found a container of "French Uniform Blue-Grey" in the back of my paint stash, where I "never need" to go :facepalm
So now I 'm looking forward to "updating" the current color, a touch or two.

OH Joy :frantic OH Joy!

:pinch: modeling is a hobby,
..................................modeling is a hobby,
........................................modeling is a hobby :S

Working on translating an article for Art of modelling magazine, after that i hope to be able to dig in to the E-100 Jagdpanzer :D a nice BIG tank! :dance
Had a calm weekend with a trip to Aalst for a birthdaydinner with Veerle and Bram.
//Mats

Well I'm resurrecting the Water Dio that I started sooooooo ....... long ago ..... What look easy proved not so ......

h6cfabe8.JPG

The plan ...... all generals must have a plan .......

h5d78dc7.jpg

I had progressed a little more than this .......

h3b134f2.JPG

Then I started getting serious ...... As Scalefest is coming soon & I need something to take with Me this year ..... :woohoo: :popcorn :popcorn

Wooo man, that looks complex. I did a water base once, what I learned? Do not mix your water mediums. I started off with one type and then switched to another for the next layer and the two don't like each other. Blisters started to appear.

Wooo man, that looks complex. I did a water base once, what I learned? Do not mix your water mediums. I started off with one type and then switched to another for the next layer and the two don't like each other. Blisters started to appear.

I'm going to use Woodland scenic realistic water & water effects ...... I could rebuild a new thread somewhere on this here place ..... :popcorn :popcorn

Back