• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Abandoned SdKfz 222 (Now for DAK with Doc)

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Good reference, old poorly detailed kit. There is almost as much white evergreen plastic on the gun mount as there is the original tan plastic.

While there is a lot of white styrene there, I wonder if it matches the amount you machined off! :P

Regards,

Actually I have only removed the seat (they were a joke) gun barrels, and most of the sight. Mostly it has been adding parts that are missing (and there is a LOT missing) You wouldn't think it would be that apparent, but the more I add and SEE how it makes it look, the more I feel it needs as much as can be feasibly added. It's one of those when I sit down to work on it, the evening or day is gone and only a little looks to be done. Also adding the parts needed and still allowing the gun to elevate properly is a challenge. :D

Thanks for looking in Christian and Jeff!

I should have some really fantastic stuff to post shortly. I want to finish the gun mount scratch before posting any more photos as it is little bits at a time.

Abandoned SdKfz 222

That's some dandy model-making there! Often times our professions overlap into our recreation, don't you agree.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 222 kept accurate time!
:ro:
(y)
:good:

Abandoned SdKfz 222

No clock in this one Chris but I do have a Bf-109 instrument panel kit that will probably get one. :D

I still have a ways to go with the build up. Spent tonight undoing some previous work that was a bit out of scale. The empty grenade mounts were just too big so I am redoing them a bit smaller. With the photos of the restored 222 as reference and the Hobby Boss kit parts available as reference for sizing, maybe I can now get moving again on this.

Here is the Hobby Boss kit which will be used as a bit of a reference.
Aq-272.jpg

So far the mods I did on the gun mount match quite closely. I still have some more mods I want to finish up on the gun mount before posting any photos so kick back and relax on it.

just what I love, lots of scratch building, excellent work my friend, keep changing the color to white :D

Abdin

just what I love, lots of scratch building, excellent work my friend, keep changing the color to white :D

Abdin

Thanks Abdin! It won't just be white but will have a bunch of brass as well. The fenders and turret are also brass in the AM set I bought.

Back