• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Abandoned SdKfz 222 (Now for DAK with Doc)

Abandoned SdKfz 222

It must hold some sentimental value to the owner, money well spent I'd say. (y)

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Wow Paul, I am stunned!! What amazing work you do on watches like this! Wow! You got some seriously mad skills man! I'm so glad you are getting this done for him.

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Thanks guys!

The skills are mostly "slow and easy" with "much magnification".

Sentiment does have a bit to do with it I am sure. We had another watch that came in today for an estimate. It is an old WW2 military watch. Very plain, manual wind. It was actually running a bit and overall was not in bad shape. Of course another one that had sentimental value as it belonged to the guys dad. No parts are available but sometimes things can be found to fit the bill. It will probably need a mainspring. It needs a crown but due to the design that just isn't going to be possible.

As it is an old military piece I will take photos for you all. It is a nice piece and hasn't been abused which is a surprise.

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Yeah I pushed the number of pics a little but it was worth it don't you think?

Excellent Work and definitely worth it@

In the spirit of your last photos,
giphy.gif

:yipee

Look who's writing this... right?

Regards,

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Have spent the last few days working on the gun parts. There is a LOT more added now and it is looking quite close to the photos. Had to back up and revise some of what I had done because it wasn't right. At this point I am holding off on posting until all the details have been added. I have one more little bit and some wires to add to the gun mount and it will be ready for paint. Photos will be along in a day or so, but I wanted to bump this back up a little.

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Please note that I moved this build to Armoured Fury. While I'd love to extend the Africa Campaign you you, Hubert, and myself to finish, it would be unfair to those who completed their builds on time.

Regards,

Abandoned SdKfz 222

I fully understand Saul, not a problem. I started it a little late for me to get it finished in time with how my building speed goes. Rarely do I start a kit and get to build it as originally I thought it would go. This one was no exception. Good reference, old poorly detailed kit. There is almost as much white evergreen plastic on the gun mount as there is the original tan plastic.

Still Africa just no ribbon, Okie Dokie.

Here are some photos of what I had done. All of these have been changed and improved a fair bit but this gives and initial idea of where I was heading.

222-Afrika-040.jpg

222-Afrika-041.jpg

222-Afrika-042.jpg

222-Afrika-043.jpg

I am working on a rather complex little part on the port side at the moment and it is challenging me a little bit. Then the rear turret support will need to be added and I have a brass gun barrel for the MG34 coming so it should be a sweet little unit when I finish with all the details.

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Really nice Paul, I think the commander's foot rest are a fair representation. I'm sure you'll up the game anyways. :popcorn

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Just to let you guys know this was just the first surface scratch.

Hold off on your awesome attachments till I post the finished assembly Piet. There is a whole lot of game coming Bob. Thanks Ian, if you like this the changes and newer stuff are over the top.

smile.gif

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Excellent details. I really like how you explain things in the way you do with the captions to the photos on the photos with arrows, etc., so we know exactly what you are talking about.

Cheers,
James

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Excellent details. I really like how you explain things in the way you do with the captions to the photos on the photos with arrows, etc., so we know exactly what you are talking about.

Cheers,
James

Thanks James! I am glad you like it. There have been many times when doing research on the net that folks would have large explanations with a photo. Worthless to download without the explanation. I found it helpful to do it this way after seeing the posts that ChukW made. While I am not an artist and don't do the "Ladies" showing off the work like he did, I do my own version. In this case, pulling the photos together made me critique my own work and it wasn't quite what I really wanted. Since these photos were taken there are a bunch more changes and it looks even better. Plus there is an animated gif I will do showing some special work I did and will be doing. All I will say at this point is that the gun mount is getting tricky to handle what with all the little details sticking out. :smack

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Good reference, old poorly detailed kit. There is almost as much white evergreen plastic on the gun mount as there is the original tan plastic.

While there is a lot of white styrene there, I wonder if it matches the amount you machined off! :P

Regards,

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Just stumbled onto this ! WOWSER Paul :D Quite the updates to this kit.

Looks like it's going to be a great build :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Back