• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2017 Modeler's New Year's Resolution Thread

I can finally add some small progress to this Thread on a couple of my own models.

First off, I shot another dullcoat and then removed the canopy masking from my F/A-18 Hornet:

WIP_Modern_Aircraft_GB_XXIX.jpg

Now all I have to do is wait for my replacement burner cans, clean the canopy and mount the ordinance and this bird will finally be done.

I also shot a coat of flat black to the underside and select areas on the space shuttle. Man that felt good making some progress on that for once:

WIP_Space_Shuttle_XXVII.jpg

WIP_Space_Shuttle_XXIX.jpg

WIP_Space_Shuttle_XXVIII.jpg

Well that completes my small update. I'll be back soon with hopefully a lot more progress to show.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Well, at the end of 2017, I can honestly say that I did manage to complete about a third of these models. Most of these were extremely difficult and challenging to work on for me; I also tried to achieve results that are beyond my skill set on a few of them. About half of the remainder that weren't finished got a lot further so there's a good chance I could finish them next year (2018). We'll see. I'll continue to try and knock them out and hopefully do better in the new year.

How did everyone else do?

Well, at the end of 2017, I can honestly say that I did manage to complete about a third of these models. Most of these were extremely difficult and challenging to work on for me; I also tried to achieve results that are beyond my skill set on a few of them. About half of the remainder that weren't finished got a lot further so there's a good chance I could finish them next year (2018). We'll see. I'll continue to try and knock them out and hopefully do better in the new year.

Well Mark, I think I let us down. I only got one done this year of that list I had made last year (and i added a few more to the pile).

But, one is better than none and I did make some progress on a few on the shelf. Just bit off more than I could chew and had too much going on work wise this past year!

I'll keep plugging away at them!

Well Mark, I think I let us down. I only got one done this year of that list I had made last year (and i added a few more to the pile).

But, one is better than none and I did make some progress on a few on the shelf. Just bit off more than I could chew and had too much going on work wise this past year!

Yeah, I know how that feels... I also let other things distract me and didn't finish nearly as much as I'd hoped. I was hoping to get at least half the list done, but no. I will also continue plugging away at mine so that hopefully I can get them off the workbench once and for all.

Good luck to you in 2018! Maybe we should start another Modelers Resolution Thread for this year so we can keep each other motivated again this year. Your call my man.

Yeah, I know how that feels... I also let other things distract me and didn't finish nearly as much as I'd hoped. I was hoping to get at least half the list done, but no. I will also continue plugging away at mine so that hopefully I can get them off the workbench once and for all.

Good luck to you in 2018! Maybe we should start another Modelers Resolution Thread for this year so we can keep each other motivated again this year. Your call my man.

Sounds good to me Mark! Do you want to start a new one or me?? We could even just change the heading on this one and keep it going?
2017,2018, 2019.......

:rotf

Change the heading.... Now that's a thought. :hmmm

How about you start the new one since I did this one? Unless you prefer just changing the heading?

Back