• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2017 Modeler's New Year's Resolution Thread

Ok, working on the MPM Arado!!

Got it masked up for painting. You can see Beth's latest project too off to the right!

added the rigging on the floats with stretched sprue and some bombs and fiddly bits that always break off

and got a first coat of paint on the undersides!

Looking great Warren, and thanks for keeping this Thread alive. Tell Beth her plane is looking particularly awesome as well! Keep it coming Warren!

I love the idea of finishing a few shelf Queens so here is one I am doing

h8b3d56e.JPG

Go for it Dave, get'er finished!!

Was home sick today but did a little more on here.

This is my first attempt at a night fighter scheme. I thought I'd do this one up as a what-if night attack Arado 196. I added an engine, prop and spinner from a Tamiya FW 190 kit and some radar antenna from a Revell BF 110 kit.

Unfortunately, I broke the bottom rigging for the floats while painting. I'll have to replace that now!! :bang head :bang head

Thanks Dave (x2) and Mark!

I scratch built a beaching trolley for it....

I worked off the dimensions of the trolley from the Italeri kit and used the old wheels as i bought resin replacements.

Thanks Bob and paul!

Got this one done Mark, only about 12 to go now! :bang head

I like how the trolley turned out and my only complaint is that I had a couple decals silver...

Magnificent Warren! That is a model well worth the wait! You did fantastic on this and I commend you on your beaching trolley as well. Thanks for participating here, I look forward to more of your Shelf Queens getting done!

By the way, in the Automotive section you'll see two of my projects from this Thread here now completed: the Monkeemobile and the Mach 5. I can scratch them off the list now. Feel free to check them out if you haven't already.

Now to move on to others. Stay tuned for more.

Well, I haven't been around much all summer! Been too busy with field work and kids! i did get a chance to sit down at the bench the other night though and made a little progress on the A6M Zero, one of the shelf queens I am trying to finish up!

May have some more this month too!!

h6a69dac.JPG

Back