• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings

CHRISTMAS PARTY!! :yipee :drinks :rotf
Plastic Surgeons abounded in Old Chicago's Party room!

h86a5232.JPG

h1e20e4e.JPG

h3a2d19c.JPG

h258e948.JPG

h62cd1f9.JPG

h9b9f4c6_2017-12-30.JPG

The food was pretty good. The Service was better this time than the last. A fine time was had. The gift exchange was filled with new issues and some old classic kits. NO Heller 1/48 Mirage III's showed their ugly heads this year! :rotf

Almost all the Lady Surgeons came to the Party this year! Mrs. O'Leary was absent as was her bovine fire-bug, so the Restaurant is safe for another year>

h944d1d8.JPG

President Barry Rolow with his Sweetheart Cassie

hf0357f9.JPG

Joe Lotz with our ever-talented Web-mistress Aimee Wright. :good:

h612d24d.JPG

Curt Young and his Wife, Master potato salad maker Tootie.
In a super rare appearance, Dian Barry come out on a field-trip with Her Don.

h48bbc41.JPG

My Christmas gift was the AMT Piranha Super Spy car model kit. The car from "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." TV series. (Let's see how old you are!)

3 of our members, Don Barry, Joe Lotz & Kevin Nelson built 1/48 scale Doolittle Raid B-25's to honor the 3 Iowa natives that were on the Doolittle Raid in 1942. These built Mitchell model kits will find their way to the Iowa Aviation Museum, near Guthrie Center, as donations to honor these Men.

For myself, it is my great pleasure to present the third USS Hornet CV-8 Doolittle Raid 70th Anniversary Cap to Kevin Nelson. Honoring the Iowa Men, who honor the Iowa Men whom flew & fought for Liberty so many years ago.

I bought these Caps from the Ship's store with this intention in mind, last May when I visited USS Hornet, CVS-12 in San Francisco.

h306b867.JPG

My Mission is now complete. Kevin seemed well pleased!
:notworthy
:salute

Kevin Nelson's rendition of Accurate Miniatures 1/48 B-25B Mitchell. I think this one is Ross Greening's Ship. Pilot of Doolittle Raider #11. Born in Carroll, IA.

h1ee9fd1.jpg

hd121169.jpg

h8ff1cab.jpg

This Kit is a real Nut-buster to build. Kevin did a nice job on it.
Thanks for looking in!

I made it home in my Work Truck, with bald back tires in spite of freezing drizzle and took my trusty Kia (With nice new winter tires) to the Christmas Party. No further DOT Snow Plows were endangered by my hand this day!
(y)
:D

I made it home in my Work Truck, with bald back tires in spite of freezing drizzle and took my trusty Kia (With nice new winter tires) to the Christmas Party. No further DOT Snow Plows were endangered by my hand this day!
(y)
:D

Ok what's the snow plow story, can't leave us hangin.

OK, it isn't model related, but You asked for it Pup! :tomato
I drive a 2015 GMC G2500 work van. Traction control, ABS, and a revvin' 297 Cu. In. power plant. It snowed Thursday and dutifully was melted by the DOT applied brine, then was refrozen by the bitter wind.
The front tires are fairly fresh, so I can steer. When I brake, the bald back tires slide, the ABS (Anti-lock braking system) slips the front brakes and you don't SKID, but you DON'T STOP either. Leaving a traffic light (Red Light) is a JOKE! Hey! I get paid by the Hour! What's the rush?
I had 2 close calls and one near miss with DOT plows Thursday because the Boss won't replace tires that are holding air for winter safe driving. It was VERY Exciting!! :frantic
There ARE drywall screws on hand. :hmmm

I am working on my last Will & Testament just in case!

OK, it isn't model related, but You asked for it Pup! :tomato
I drive a 2015 GMC G2500 work van. Traction control, ABS, and a revvin' 297 Cu. In. power plant. It snowed Thursday and dutifully was melted by the DOT applied brine, then was refrozen by the bitter wind.
The front tires are fairly fresh, so I can steer. When I brake, the bald back tires slide, the ABS (Anti-lock braking system) slips the front brakes and you don't SKID, but you DON'T STOP either. Leaving a traffic light (Red Light) is a JOKE! Hey! I get paid by the Hour! What's the rush?
I had 2 close calls and one near miss with DOT plows Thursday because the Boss won't replace tires that are holding air for winter safe driving. It was VERY Exciting!! :frantic
There ARE drywall screws on hand. :hmmm

I am working on my last Will & Testament just in case!

Yeah some sharp pointy things picked up right at the base of the sidewall would be a good thing to keep you safe and your boss from having a bad lawsuit.

Take care Chris and keep it safe up there!

Wow, great story and I'm glad you're surviving so far. Thanks for the pics, it looks like a fantastic evening was had! Man, I love seeing things like that!

Back