• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings

Awesome pics! I love looking in here! That wagon on the flatcar; it looks to me like the Borax Wagon from the 20-Mule Team Borax kit. I should know, I'm building one of those sets. I really love the little memorial that was made; I'd love to have one of those to put in a photo base. Stunning job!

Definitely get British Dave an account here. I wanna know how he did that little memorial.

Well done, David! :salute

Seems as though we've tried to get him to post here, maybe this time???????????

(y)

2 more from British Dave;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM
So_Whippet2C______.jpg

So Whippet.
Whippet_Good21.jpg

Whippet GOOD!
Emhar 1/72 kit

4 April 2017 Meeting. Our final gathering before SurgiCon 23! Our focus this Meeting is on contest Judging. But First! Raffle donations!
100_2861.JPG

29 more donations (19 are from my vast collection) brings of raffle to 121 kits, books, decals and tools!! :yipee
100_2862.JPG

Our two Nathans Nate McCoy, (The OTHER white Nate) pro golfer and premier 1/35 Armor/Figure Modeler, and Nathan Stevens (White Nate) Custom Body Shop entrepreneur, and 1/72 Aircraft craftsman discuss the vagaries of finish & weathering.
100_2847.JPG

100_2848.JPG

A trio of 1/35 Yankee soldiers in progress and In a departure from his norm, Nate McCoy has done a vignette of what I referred to as "The Wildcat in it's natural element" in 1/72 scale. The F4F-3's attacker is evidently strafing the downed Grumman Pilot, from the bullet splashes in the water! :good: :ro: :dude
100_2849.JPG

Nate and Ty Stephens have brought a pair of 1/72 Aircraft, and Ty's Trumpy 1/35 T-54B with a camo of his own design. (y) :dance
100_2850.JPG

Contest Committee Chairman Joe Lotz has gone an' got hizself a 1/1 scale Jimmy Johns Submarine.
It was attacked and sank shortly after I took this picture.
100_2851.JPG

Wheels in different scales, and submarine attack in progress.
100_2852.JPG

I liked the grody Dragon Jeep! :good:
100_2853.JPG

I've had a great fondness for Funny Car drag racers since my early youth.
100_2854.JPG

Ron Schultz enjoying our meeting time

100_2855.JPG

Mike! Act as if you are having a good time!!
100_2856.JPG

Mike brought an aged Tamiya 1/35 early Jagdpanther with aftermarket zimmeritt,
100_2857.JPG

and Monogram's 1/25 Garbage Truck! Neet-O!
100_2858.JPG

Jeff "Armor-pedia" Holle finds something else to do, besides look at the camera. Bashful Jeff!
100_2859.JPG

Ray Powers. Great Modeler. Excellent marksman. Good listener too!
100_2860.JPG

USS Enterprise Veteran, Tim Bowden slaves away at the register. He's behind the taller Kid. It's not all the Stuff in hobby shop that makes it welcoming. It's the PEOPLE in the hobby shop that make it fun to shop there. The Hobbytown crew do a fine job!
That's all for this go-round.
SurgiCon 23 Pictures coming up this week-end! :yipee :rotf :frantic :tomato :rotf
I will be Voice of the Surgeons for our Show, even though I'm not the Club President. I'll do my best to make it fun!!
Thanks for looking in!

The downed wildcat, is that supposed to be anyone specific? Isn't that the aircraft Butch O'Hare was flying?

It's funny how one group looks like another group from just about anywhere. Thanks for the pics. Gary S.

I've been told Club meetings are more fun when I attend. I haven't been very fastidious about attending every meeting because after 2 years of giving my all and working my tail surfaces off for the Club as President, I confess to trying to catch a "little Neutral", and enjoy other facets of what this life has to offer. That being said, I also have little Mojo left at the end of my strenuous work-day, and sometimes I just wanna go Home, torment my cats, and weep. (HA!)
Thanks everyone for your kind comments! :drinks :eek:ldguy :pilot

Always fun to see the meeting photos! Best wishes on the upcoming contest! (y) :drinks

Looks like you guys are having a good time Chris . A lot of neat modeling going on in Iowa (y)

Good luck with the contest :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

I've been remiss and I apologize, about my most recent Plastic Surgeon meeting posts. We had our MOST successful contest EVER with SurgiCon 23, however I believe this is NOT the time to rest on our laurels!
Dam the Martinis! Full speed ahead!!
Now on to the pictures from 19 April!
100_2979.JPG

Ross built a 1/6 scale Dragon MG-15 MG. It's really cool!
100_2989.JPG

100_2980.JPG

100_2981.JPG

Club stalwart Ray Powers brought his 1/48 Kittyhawk Banshee. Ray says he is less than impressed by the Kittyhawk kit.
She looks 4-0! I offered Ray a dandy classic Hawk 1/48 Banshee model kit. He sagely declined! He also built Tamiya's 1/35 IJA Chi-Ha tank model, which not-surprisingly, fit just fine without too much fuss. :ro: :eek:ldguy
100_2982.JPG

100_2983.JPG

100_2987.JPG

Francisco Melendez (in red) finished his Revell Ag 1/32 FW-190A-8. He one-upped the base, and made the spinning prop effect!! He is Great, and yet Humble!
100_2984.JPG

100_2985.JPG

1/72 scale purist Nate Stevens went and made a Special Hobby Midway USMC Vindicator from VMSB-232, and an up-gunned 128mm King Tiger with purty brass parts. The Vindicator puts the "Special" in Special Hobby!! :bang head :stinker :pp

100_2986.JPG

Nate McCoy's Hasegawa B-25J Mitchell bomber. He's working on the shading. I like his finish wery mush! :good:
100_2990.JPG

100_2991.JPG

Ron Shultz, who fills the role of our Club's "Larry the Cable Guy" is ALWAYS thinking about something funny!
The "invisible" figure model speaks silently for itself.
100_2988.JPG

The Group. We didn't start our meeting until almost 8:00 pm, so I was done in, and headed back to the Ranch. I dropped my Sweetie's cool camera on the way out. :gogo :idonno
I was BEAT!

Thanks for looking in!

12 July 2017 Surgeon meeting. Despite the hot strenuous toil of the day, I made the meeting!
h7bf2ea5.JPG

Ronnie found a Palmer models Evinrude House boat to re-hab!
h384f255.JPG

Francisco's dull-coat/solvaset Gloster Meteor dilemma. It will be ok!
hf7de472.JPG

Mike's F-14D Tomcat, and Georgie's 1/350 Minesweeper. More to come!
h25e2fbc.JPG

h0e926d0.JPG

h8c2297e.JPG

hdf6d8a8.JPG

George has been working on this Minesweeper for as long as I have known him! She's coming together nicely!!

She's the USS Fortify, AM-446. She's an Honor Model for an aging Sailor.
h0c1af79.JPG

George's devotion to detail really shows. Fortify is a much nicer ship model than George thinks She is!! :salute (y) :notworthy :ro: :good:
hefb773c.JPG

Mark's Tomcat is a WIP, but shows promise!
hdbc1180.JPG

h437c966.JPG

Bob Maloy's Studebaker. "Gort! Klaatu verada nicktoe!" A snazzy chop job, fine metallic silver paint job, just like Bob always does!

Back