• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Me 323 Gigant (Incredible Shrinking Resin!)

I appreciate the relocate Bob! Thanks!
As for the styrene/resin issue, the resin has shrunk up a little over the last couple of years. Resin can tend to do that depending on the formulation as to how much. Have pretty much decided that the wing end needs to be taken from the Me-321 kit and be done with it.

For now the heating and stretching is just an experiment more than anything. It screwed up, going to have to see what it takes to fix it if possible.

Saul, Piet, Gary, Jeff and Mark, thanks for looking in! It is much appreciated! Better to find this problem prior to the finish than way after. Yes, it would have become a flaming pile in the back yard if it had been finished.

That is a nice looking Me-321 John! Mine will have the pile of engines on the wing. Yes it is a bit on the big side, but HPH is doing a 1/32 scale one (why not 1/35th for all the armor available I don't know). Have seen the fuselage and the stabilizer. The fuselage looks like a small shoe box almost 3 feet long. (and yeah I am very tempted to get one when it becomes available) I will just state that my opinion of Italiari kits most likely belongs in a septic tank. Won't ever buy another one. Too many decent kits around to fight with one.

Soo, back to the Albatros before I get too distracted again and don't finish it. (paint time and I hate paint time)

Thanks Uros, much appreciated! It is now what I have come to expect from Italiari. (I just said a lot of not nice words OK?) With a lot of work it can and "maybe" will be made into a decent build. We shall see down the road.

As to the half resin starboard wing end. . .

I have given several heat and straighten attempts on the resined wing end. I even tweaked it where it curved the other way (up vs down). Within a day the outer wing section is curving back down. So when I jump on this kit again it will be using the outer wing from the Me-321 kit and will be green plastic. For now it goes back on the shelf as I have some other kits to finish and work on first. It really is going to be a shelf queen for a while. (the P.O.S.) :bang head :bang head

Thanks Luiz! It was good to update this build as it had been sitting so long. Horrible kit burnout. I will get back to it sometime.
Trying to get fired up to paint my Albatros. Really having troubles. Will probably just have to "Get-R-Done" :bang head

You have lots of Step by Steps on painting wood around here Paul, should be easy for ya. Git'er Done. :popcorn

You do outstanding work Paul. :notworthy

I've never had luck with warming resin and it staying back as intended.

Looking forward to how solve this

:popcorn

Back