• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Me 323 Gigant (Incredible Shrinking Resin!)

Me 323 Gigant in 1/72 ( Rated R for resin)

Hope you're thinking about the weight of this thing when you're thinning the walls. Maybe some brass riggers and stringers for strength?

Hope you're thinking about the weight of this thing when you're thinning the walls. Maybe some brass riggers and stringers for strength?

Way ahead of you Bob. Isn't that heavy, and didn't thin them that much. It will be getting stuff added back in which will make a little difference, Fourty year old kit. Kinda crude and lumpy. Taking out the lumps. :pp

Great tutorial Paul! (y) (y)

Did you have to use any kind of mold release agent when doing the rubber mold on the plastic pattern or when pouring the resin?

Great tutorial Paul! (y) (y)

Did you have to use any kind of mold release agent when doing the rubber mold on the plastic pattern or when pouring the resin?

No mold release is needed on the pattern stuff. It could possibly mess up the rubber setting up. As far as casting the part, a little mold release on the rubber can help a bit though onesey twosey stuff you probably don't need to bother. If using the acrylic sheet on top, it needs to be pretty much blemish free. A light smear of something a little oily will help the resin to release from it. Flexing the acrylic sheet pretty much popped the resin cast off of it.

Hoped that helped.

Hmm, might have mis -calcumflated ( ;) ) 30 year old kit, not 40.

At a place I worked for many years, we all referred to the wives as:

Wait for it!! :eek:hmy:

"The War Department" :soldier

It was one of the big company jokes, and the War Depts were aware of it. :D No longer have to worry about the :smack "War Dept" though. :woohoo:

Amazing work Paul! :popcorn

All the best! :drinks
Dusan.

Well!

This POS has been sitting on the shelf for a while. (Yeah you read it right, Piece Of Shhhtuff! :D )

The last entries here were almost 2 years ago. It has been on the shelf that long. In a way it has been a good thing too as I just found something that would have had me quite ticked if I had gone ahead and finished it. More on that later.
In the meantime I found that there was some more work done that had never been posted. Thus it is time to at least get the Piece of SHHHtuff caught up to where it was last left and then drop the bomb on what I just found.

Here we go!

Me-323-GB-026.jpg

Me-323-GB-027.jpg

Me-323-GB-028.jpg

Me-323-GB-029.jpg

Me-323-GB-030.jpg

Me-323-GB-031.jpg

Me-323-GB-032.jpg

Me-323-GB-033.jpg

More to come...

This will get it all caught up.

Me-323-GB-041.jpg

Me-323-GB-042.jpg

Me-323-GB-043.jpg

Me-323-GB-044.jpg

Me-323-GB-045.jpg

Me-323-GB-046.jpg

Me-323-GB-047.jpg

Just imagine finding this AFTER finishing this beast! :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I would have been P****d! As it is, I have been giving the wing hot water treatments and changing the curve to the other direction (but only a bit) After a couple of days it begins to curve back down. The resin has shrunk and I am not sure it can be fixed.

As there is NO WAY I will build a second one of these the glider version (the Me-321) that I have is probably going to be a parts donor and go into the spare parts box. This section of wing will become green and I will "eventually" get around to finishing it.

So, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully we will all have a great new year! (y)

Nice to see you're still in the fight!

Regards,

That is a fight. Outstanding job on the fuselage. What are you going to do about the wing? Maybe there's an issue with Resin against Styren?

Yikes.

I'm getting the cold sweats just thinking about this.

You're a far more patient man than I could ever hope to be Paul. That kit in my hands would have been buried deep in my backyard by now.

Excellent work and a treat to watch.

No no no, Italeri kits are hard enough without adding to the misery!! I barely survived mine out of the box, with all the little doodad parts and so many indefinite attach points. The plan is they are so big no one gets close enough to see the details!

0241me321.jpg

Paul, I commend you on your outstanding work and persistence with this model. Having done difficult models (albeit, not resin models!) I can feel your pain. The tracks to my Schturmtiger gave me similar headaches as this wing has for you. I'll be looking forward to seeing your future progress.

Back