• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Heinkel He280 V-2T in Kriegsmarine Service

h52d1124.JPG

Wing join seams. I just couldn't leave them alone.
This campaign ends in 9 more months, Right?! I might just make it! :idonno

Nope! I've been molding & casting TLAR projects like a Mad Martigan! :bang head :love The resin & tin-cure mold material has a limited life. Islands, new-tool lighthouse, 1/700 Tiki-hut. Revised 1/700 ORCA, yachts & cabin cruisers.
Not to mention the carburetors, air cleaners & tool box for the 1/24 scale set. :pp :woohoo: :frantic
Herr Udet WILL be flying from Graf Zeppelin soon!! :salute :pilot :bat

hd39b7d9.JPG

Having finally chosen the camouflage scheme for Ernst's Navy jet, base color is going on. I pray it sticks to the weird plastic. :idonno

She should look a little like the 1/700 smuggler submarine. Ocean Ambush sort of. :hmmm
Thanks for looking in!

h45c6c91.JPG

This weird plastic just doesn't like paint. I washed her, wiped her down with rubbing alcohol, and left it alone for quite a while. light coats of Model Master intermediate blue enamel.

h70feb26.JPG

Missile launch rails painted.

h8a2fdde.JPG

This might be a really good time to buy shares in Tamiya tape stocks! Kriegsmarine Ocean Ambush paint scheme continues!

Thanks for looking in!

Primer is Floquil reefer white enamel.

hd498f6a.JPG

Underside Camo, before the little contrasting triangles get added. The orange peel sanded out with water & a 3M microfine sanding pad. Masking continues!
:yipee

The arrow would be visible to the DKM LSO on approach to the Carrier.
In truth, it's an Omage' to my Archery-Sweetie. She's steely-eyed and deadly with a bow!
Carrier Aviators are a breed unto themselves, based on my long experience, half a lifetime ago! Egotistical liars every one!

Thanks Men!

I second that emotion about Military pilots . I have to admit though that the Navy pilots had steel balls compared to my service of choice .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back