• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Heinkel He280 V-2T in Kriegsmarine Service

More Bullschtein!
Upon arrival aboard Graf Zeppelin, General Udet was approached by technicans from Mittelwerk Gmbh.
They seek a test bed for a new infrared air-to-air missile system they've developed. The He-280-V2T has no propeller to interfere with nose-mounted the detection gear and seems a logical aircraft for the tests. Udet responds "Test! Hals und Beinbruch, This we must have! The Britishers will jawohl tremble in their unterkleidung!" Projekt Abendsbanshee goes forth. Named not for the missiles, but the sound the mounting racks make while airborne.

2 of Udet's new navalized He-280's form Deutcheskriegsmarine Erprobungsgruppe Eins.
(There a $25.00 German phrase for ya!) The expansive Udet insists on flying one of the test ships.

h61a1421.JPG

Abendsbanshee! who but me fills & sands seams on modified Bullschtein missiles? My mistake was digging through Chuck Sterns box of old airplane parts. A little too much time on my hands, Perhaps?

he117fae.JPG

I/R antenna and ventral strake. I wanted external tanks for DKEG-1's jets. We'll see, won't we?

Thanks for cheering me on! I appreciate every comment.

I sure wish you'd have some fun with this project. :rotf :mpup

All the modifications are very cool, keep going! :ro:

:drinks

A little paint.

h952a534.JPG

Floquil Old Silver. Then, two, my "Neverleaveanythingalone-itis" made me modify the Infrared antenna.
:rotf :bang head :rotf :bat :bang head
Will The Madness never cease?!

h231e334.JPG

Old silver masked & sealed on the Jumo jet engines. The weird plastic seems less than fond of acrylic paint.

h08823ac.JPG

I might have found some paint that sticks to this weird plastic! :bat
I did swab the whole thing down with Windex & cotton buds! :bang head

I was gonna fib and say Behr latex satin white. It's good old Floquil Reefer White. We'll see if it sticks!
Thanks for looking in!!
:salute

I was gonna fib and say Behr latex satin white. It's good old Floquil Reefer White. We'll see if it sticks!
Thanks for looking in!!
:salute

You really do like using stuff that has been off the rack for a while :rotf

Looking good Chris (y)

What do you think of the DO 215 ? Or is that Ebay fodder ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Back