• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Heinkel He280 V-2T in Kriegsmarine Service

h63b9887.JPG

Engines sorta mounted. The instructions tell which side each nacelle goes on, but after all the carving/scraping/gluing/filling/sanding/cussing I don't believe it makes a bit of difference.
The tailplane pooped off with the slightest bump while I was cussing. (Karma?)

Just for conversation sake, I switched to Tamiya thin cement. C/A would work well, but you need time to properly align & dry-fit everthing but the nose wheel bay. The cockpit wasn't to bad, but I wish I had spaced the instrument panel further aft.
I do not wish anyone to think I would complain about a model kit. I chose Her. I paid good money for this model. I opened the box. My responsibility. :bang head :bang head :bang head :drool
I will not surrender! If you consider building this kit, God Love YA! Not to make you afraid, just to make you aware.

If it were easy... :mpup

Some pins would help align things if using CA. Fun, fun, fun!

:ro:

Slushy melting & a cold rain falling here today. Teresa is lasering more wooden Surgeon wooden quarters and making brownies.
Take a wild guess what I've been up to all day?! :yipee

hc937e22.JPG

Just to avoid the drudgery of filling and sanding every "Blacksmithed" joint on the 280, I decided to try every filler. Tamiya white & gray putty, C/A glues, correction fluid, Flex-I-File, resin and plastic washable sanding sticks, 3M ultra-fine polishing pads, Q-tips & rubbing alcohol. I haven't used any epoxies so far. (PSCHWOO! :facepalm ) The weird plastic sands readily, and is easy to re-scribe. Forge, mallet and anvil help make the imprecise airplane parts fit together. :stinker :bang head

h1b01e1e.JPG

On the Luftwaffe He-280, the lump on the lower tail is a tail skid. As Heinkel turns out the DKM version it is a rotating housing that holds the retractable tail hook. This is The Hook it it's retracted position.
The wings fold at the aileron joint. Details coming soon!

Thanks for looking in!

Clean-up in Aisle 7! :snoopy
I didn't use white glue & talcum powder yet either. Avoiding all those genital complications that talcum powder is to blame for.

Duke's takes too long to cure!
:rotf
:smack :bang head
:drinks

hfc3ae7c.JPG

Low-Tech DKM decals for Ernst's Heinkel. I will probably use regular WWII German Insignia, but it doesn't hurt to have extras on hand.
I got tired of chopping up decal sheets to do my model silliness!

Thanks for looking in!
:drinks

h713b03f.JPG

This is as far as I go tonight with the 280. When you attach a part, WALK AWAY after the alignment is satisfactory with this plastic.
The tail plane joint held this time! Filling it is still proving interesting.
The experience continues!

h0888a13.JPG

So it begins. From Russian AAM to German Navy I/R guided rocket.
I had external fuel tanks & pylons to add but I think missiles are more interesting!

I did 3 1/72 "In Another World" decal sheets. "General Eddie" (Rickenbacker) P-38/P-39/P-40 in the PTO, "Der Baron", and revised the one for Udet's Navy Jet (Again!) Not ALL the artwork is copyrighted!

Chris,
I now understand your frustration last night on the phone.
Take your pill and full steam ahead.
You will over come this beast.
It is looking good.
Frank
PS - Thanks for making extra decals.
:popcorn :popcorn
:geek

Thanks Frank! It will be as you say!

hf272c76.JPG

I had these little resin Revi gun sights I bought a long time ago. I chunked one up on the dashboard. There are cute little acetate winders to install in 2 bitty slots. DON'T breathe on them! The clear parts probably won't show up in the laundry! They do fit inside the canopy of the 280. :pinch:
:yipee

Thanks Davey!
I'll polish this Turd yet! :stinker
Then it will just be another shiny turd. :rotf :woohoo:

heb5eb8a.JPG

Rivets on the wing-fold stiffeners, fuel fillers cut with a sharpened brass tube, ill-fitting canopy masked & sealed.
Pah-SCHWOO!

hee56133.JPG

A smart Man may have looked among his myriad resin airplane parts to find suitable main wheels. :smack
NOT ME! .020 plastic card and tread texture on the Kit wheels.

Almost time to shoot some paint! :yipee

Back