• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 BF 110 C-7(ZG1 support for Stalingrad)

Thanks for your comments everyone, appreciate your feedback.

Latest progress has been on the cockpit wiring, engines and starting on the wings. More wiring to go in though so this is still in progress before I can paint.

20170218_174624.jpg

stated on some stray bullet damage - I am not going to do a lot of these in the fuselage, just a few small ones.
20170218_174656.jpg

20170218_174735.jpg

20170218_174749.jpg

20170218_174428.jpg

Adding some structual ribbing to the front inner nose cone.
20170218_174447.jpg

Wheel well and engine bulk head part - these are quite nicely detailed.
20170218_174558.jpg

What they look like fitted......
20170218_174527.jpg

:) Thanks MP.
;) Hi Mike, yeah Dragon have done a really nice job on this kit, it's such a pity the instructions let it down. I thought they were bad when I read Brett Green's review and took notes......then I started building the kit. :eek:hmy: :huh: Some of the diagrams don't even clearly show where parts fit together. I am using a lot of photo references to find some parts positions.

You gotta love those online build reviews! Looking forward to your progress. :good: B)

:ro:
A Few more bits and pieces done. I have still been wiring the cockpit and have started working further on the wings.
Please note that this is all in 'raw form and not and 'ready to paint stage - still plenty of clean-up and modifying to take place.
Could you hardcore plane modelers advise me on the best way to shape a flat tire on a large scale 2 piece wheel?

20170225_194141.jpg

20170225_195252.jpg

20170225_194422.jpg

20170225_195449.jpg

20170225_195048.jpg

20170225_195403.jpg

Do you need to address that punch mark at all? Will it be visible? Diggin' your detail work Ian. :popcorn

Looking good Ian,

On larger tires, I have always used Milliput epoxy putty to widen the tires at the bottom, Shape the Milliput like a flat tire at the bottom would look, then smooth it with a brush wet with water until it blends with the plastic and you can see no seperation between the putty and the plastic. After drying, hold the tire to a belt sander and grind it to where you want it to be. The only photo I have to illustrate how it turns out is this one. The second tire from the front. Both front tires are actually flat but you can only see the one. I see no reason this wouldn't work on a large aircraft tire, just don't flatten it much.

Hope that helps.

Bob

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
Now Ian, dont make me have to go and look at my 110 to see if it needs building :evil:
James

Looking good Ian,

On larger tires, I have always used Milliput epoxy putty to widen the tires at the bottom, Shape the Milliput like a flat tire at the bottom would look, then smooth it with a brush wet with water until it blends with the plastic and you can see no seperation between the putty and the plastic. After drying, hold the tire to a belt sander and grind it to where you want it to be. The only photo I have to illustrate how it turns out is this one. The second tire from the front. Both front tires are actually flat but you can only see the one. I see no reason this wouldn't work on a large aircraft tire, just don't flatten it much.

Hope that helps.

Bob

That's a very cool suggestion! Thanks Dad. :drinks

Back