• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Thanks Bmac B)

So had a Frustrating and Fun Evening, The Template provided by Pontos 8 out of the 9 holes are Correct and took abit of research to figure out the proper placement for the last hole.

So After i fix that issue i prepared the Turret for Etch :laugh: You can see how Un Balance it is with the AM barrels

h5fa6ad0.jpg

Took 3 Nuts ;) to Balance Anton out

h4425291.jpg

So next 3 hours took me to Finish about half the Etch and ni also fed the Carpet monster, There was a little Part on the Ladder that decided to go flying, Still looks good tho

h91742a2.jpg

The Template would of had the Railing in the Center Towards the left Off Center, You can see how it Centered in this Image
h7b54ee1.jpg

hd79b6e3.jpg

This build is looking fabulous! (y) :notworthy

Love the detail work. Unless you have small hands that turret is quite large. It is really making me ponder about getting rid of all the 1/350 ships I have and getting the 1/200 Arizona which is one of my all time favorite ships.

:popcorn

I still love my 1/350 Ships But 1/200 is something else and Arizona is diffidently on my list, and i have sausage Hand lol so the Turret is big lol i wish i had small hands for these PE work, i had to stop working on my ship last Night drank way too much Gin and Lemonade woke up with a slight hangover lol, I told my Wife don't keep bringing me drinks ill keep drinking them :drunk

I still love my 1/350 Ships But 1/200 is something else and Arizona is diffidently on my list, and i have sausage Hand lol so the Turret is big lol i wish i had small hands for these PE work, i had to stop working on my ship last Night drank way too much Gin and Lemonade woke up with a slight hangover lol, I told my Wife don't keep bringing me drinks ill keep drinking them :drunk

I have the Arizona(1/200). Need to get started I guess.

B)

Have a 1/350 kit of it with all the PE, but once I saw the 1/200 one built, it was all over.

Maybe should have an Arizona build to be finished on Dec 7 2016 for the 75th anniv.

OK deviation done, let's see some more of the Bismark!

Very glade I joined and I will bring her for the meeting and I got alot of other goodies to show off hehehe

So while the turret was drying, I thought to add some
Forgotten details that trumpeter missed on the hull :)

My laptop broke sorry for photos terrible adding them through my cell I'll try and fix

hdf2ac61.jpg

So I thought I would try my new tamiya curve tape and it's impressive

hb8ea525.jpg

h8144b11.jpg

h5f59d0a.jpg

So I sanded it down till it just raised edge above the hull then used Tamiya extra thin glue to melt and blend it a bit more sanding to smooth it out

h30c0d26.jpg

Very nice work..the smoke generator holes look like the were molded on by Trumpeter.

PS ....where did you get the Tamiya tape for curves?? Online supplier or the Hobby Shop?

Thanks Rob!!

Very nice. What was the smoke generator used for, camouflage or disruptive smoke? And what are those bars along the hull?? Think its the first ship I've seen with a molded anchor housing. Very very cool.
James

Barney, I think I saw that Spruebro is carrying it now though they were out of stock within a couple of days of getting the first batch in.

Very nice. What was the smoke generator used for, camouflage or disruptive smoke? And what are those bars along the hull?? Think its the first ship I've seen with a molded anchor housing. Very very cool.
James

I think they are called outriggers James, used to tie up boats along the side or hang torpedo nets, but I'm going to let one of the squids correct me. :skipper

I think your Correct Moon Puppy but i would have to double Check.

Bmac i Got the Tape form a Buddy Just up the Road form you for like 12 Bucks which is Steep but its Tough to find it Till local Hobby stores in canada start Stocking

So i Wasn't Happy with the SmoKe Gens so redid them with some left over PE form my 1/350 Bismarck and i think it turned out very well

h8757f98.jpg

Now i Push my Limits this weekend with Scartch building (ive done very little of it so still learning :) )

I removed the Door on the TURRET! big gamble but i think it paid off i still need to clean up the Edges and alittle messy but good 1st attempt :eek:hmy:

Here is a Pic of the Door Open

h50a236b.jpg

Here is my attempt at a Door :laugh:
he4f0f16.jpg

h3910bb0.jpg

So you can see the Range Finder inside now NExt pic will show you how i Achieved this

hb0d5283.jpg

I used a Small Barrel Off the Smaller Turrets Since i have Metal Barrels for it :snoopy

hefe416e.jpg

Here is it Complete Alittle more Clean up but not too bad

h9484f7a.jpg

Back