• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Forgot to add this picture

Shows the Bracing i had to Cut out

hcfeb58a.jpg

Nice work but I have a question. Would a larger washer not give your mount the support it needs?

Yeah i Thought about that after i put the Epoxy down i wish i had put a bigger Washer, would of made this Easier and Stronger lol at least i know for next time now, Larger Washer Would of even given the Support i built alittle more surface.

I think you would have had to epoxied the washer in place if this thing weights anything. That plastic would start giving after some time. Doing good! :captain

I got a small Washer Under There

Its this one in the pic im nervous for the Future now but i think it hold as long as i don't stress it too much which should be impossible knowing me lol

hf630fc7_2015-06-11.jpg

Sorry To everyone Ive been Busy as Hell at work and at home to work on the Bismarck But i managed to sneak in a little progress Got the Water Intakes Installed and they look Great You probably will never see it but i know its there lol< I also got a 200mb File of everything on the Bismarck you could think of Photos Drawings Etc.. if anyone need it just email me and ill give you my DropBox Info, And on a Side note this isnt 100% accurate Just me having fun Scratch Building, I just like adding little things in the Background to add to the Ship So im Sorry to the Rivet Counters out there lol.

Here is a Hans Gally Drawing of the Water Intake
h40ee0d4.jpg

Got it Roughed In

h7c8e0cd.jpg

A Dark Coat of Hull Primer
h2bb8717.jpg

And Added the Top of the Intake
hb55a683.jpg

Turned Out pretty Good :cheer:
h420496f.jpg

Yeah its Crazy how many Holes there are, Im Trying to find the Full Hans Gally Drawings but form what i can tell there are a Additional 30 holes for intake and out-take of sea water etc..

You are a glutton for punishment. Oh wait so am I. Great start so far. Good to see another Shippy on here.....Cheers mark

Yeah its Crazy how many Holes there are, Im Trying to find the Full Hans Gally Drawings but form what i can tell there are a Additional 30 holes for intake and out-take of sea water etc..
As long as they are plugged off or else she would not be floating too long

Thanks Everyone For the Great Comments it helps me Keep going :beer , I find this Stage of the Build the Hardest for me, Its alot of Sanding and Putty to get the Shape of the Hull Right. Now an Update (sorry its been awhile LoL so busy)

So I Finished all the Intakes Channels inside here is my Process (if you got any Questions just ask ill be galde to give more details on Materials Etc.. i did to make this

I started with the 2 Larger Intake Using Thin Plastic Card< Using a Template for the Other Side

h2c55e8b.jpg

h67e6afa.jpg

Then I got Crazy :gogo and Said lets do them All lol, I used all my Scraps Up for this, its a Great Way to recycle and Clear my Junk Pile :yipee

hd237fe3_2015-07-13.jpg

Close Up of one of the Vents

h4773f37.jpg

Painted Using Tamiya Hull Red

h59c9181.jpg

Lucky No one will see this part once is Closed up lol

h93b4e40.jpg

OK 2nd Update of the Day

So i Started Work on the Hydrophone, The Design on this Kit is Incorrect, Pontos Gives you the Template for the Correct Pattern

Here it is on the Hull you can see the Rainbow Shape Trumpeter Did :laugh: (i Also Marked Center Line so i can Position the Template on Better

ha43fe85.jpg

Here is the Template on the Fret

h2cca927.jpg

You can see the Weird Patern very Random sorda

hf0373c2.jpg

h6d4fa8b.jpg

I forgot to take a Pic of it before i Taped it but Putty and Sanded to Remove the old Hydrophone

h6ff45ba.jpg

Back