Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 22 Sep 2010 09:45 #85

andyfettes wrote:
Wonderful Ant

If you put up your groundwork against a real background I swear you wouldnt be able to tell if the whole scene wasnt real

Top marks

Thanks very much Andy. I have been busy with commissions/shows over the last month or so but will hopefully find some time to carry on with this soon. There is still lots to add to the groundcover. Thanks for looking.

Ant
  • TREEMENDUS
  • TREEMENDUS
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 22 Sep 2010 09:51 #86

jknaus wrote:
This is what I got done today. Need to make moss next. I use Micro metal foil adhesive which is very sticky and very watery for doing the ground work glueing. A couple of more pics in my figure build.
James

PS This is awesome stuff for doing a forest floor.

Well done James, that looks great, I'm really glad you like the Materials. Is it true when I say they are pretty straight forward to use? I hope so 'cos thats's the idea behind the whole range. Keep it up.

Ant
  • TREEMENDUS
  • TREEMENDUS
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 22 Sep 2010 09:57 #87

Ant, I did not mean to distract you from the floor when I asked about laying bricks. what I see on my base looks great to me and I would call it done, really looking forward to seeing more homework assigned when you get time. It's your class, don't let the students get you off the lesson plan..

James, NAILED IT! but I don't understand how you can have a tall frosty stein out in the middle of the forest.
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 22 Sep 2010 10:46 #88

I tell you what - lets carry on with the forest floor then. Bob if look at the photo below we still need to add saplings etc, this will make a huge difference to the overall look of the base. Please bare with me on this, i'll post something as soon as I can.

We can do the wall/chimney stack later -

Ant
  • TREEMENDUS
  • TREEMENDUS
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 22 Sep 2010 11:15 #89

At your leisure sir, you are the Master and we are the humble serfs... :mpup

Hank Williams Jr.

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 22 Sep 2010 12:04 #90

moon puppy wrote:
At your leisure sir, you are the Master and we are the humble serfs... :mpup

In the words of my Grandad - GIVE OVER
  • TREEMENDUS
  • TREEMENDUS
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 24 Sep 2010 10:17 #91

Anthony,
Many thanks for taking the time to do this. It is great instructions and excellent photo's Congratulations to all who are following along. It is great to see all the bases and colours. :laugh:
Cheers
John

Re:Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 24 Sep 2010 10:55 #92

Hey John - Thanks very much. We're glad you are enjoying it as much as we are. :)

Ant
  • TREEMENDUS
  • TREEMENDUS
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander

Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 12 Oct 2010 15:11 #93

Here at Modelers' Alliance website, We have a unique situation where we have several masters of the scale modeling world participating in discussions and sharing tips and techniques of the craft. One of those Masters is Anthony Reeves, we all know him as Ant, aka Treemendus.

If you have not seen Ant's work take a moment to check out this Masters Classes and previous forum postings and you'll agree with us that Ant is a Master of his craft.

alt

Read more...

Hank Williams Jr.

Re: Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 26 Oct 2010 11:40 #94

Time for an update!

Here is where the groundwork was left at the last update. The basic leaf litter etc is down so now is the time to add some weeds, new growth, more tufts and saplings.

We will make a few saplings using some of the roots, not too many just a suggestion of a few growing below the main forest canopy. The first thing to do is make a small hole in the base where you want the sapling to go. Take a piece of root dip it in PVA and insert into the hole. You could add the "leaves" first using the Ivy leaves but I am going to stick mine on the branches later.

I also want to put some nettles into the ground, I'm not sure if there are any in the photos but whilst we are dealing with weeds etc it seems like a good time to do some. For this you will need some stiff bristles from a decorating brush. Nettle stems are almost black so if you use a black bristled brush these are perfect. You will also need neat PVA glue and a suitable coloured scatter. (These photos are a bit dark) You can use whichever scatter you want and it may be worth you making two or three different coloured weeds to add some variety - use a pale bristle with the lighter scatter for even more subtle differences.

Take a single bristle and drag it through the PVA, roll it on a sheet of paper to remove most of the glue then roll it in your chosen scatter. Some nettle stalks are covered in leaves and some stalks have very few leaves, try to make a variety.

For the smaller weeds in the photos we will simply use some of the lighter scatter from the kit to represent all the tiny leaves on the floor I also want to put some bushier plants of the same colour growing to the rear of my base so......... take a pinch or two of the "canopy", tease it into an open structure, spray it with hairspray and add the scatter. Put the atomiser onto the glue bottle and give the whole thing a good spray. Put some of the scatter onto a piece of paper and spray it with the glue and let it soak up the glue. This can be used straight away on the base as all the little leaves. I just randomly sprinkled the wet scatter over the whole area then using a small paintbrush worked some of it into the ground below as if it were growing from underneath the leaf litter. A blast of hairspray and a light misting of scenic glue should hold it all in place

More coming very soon

Ant
  • TREEMENDUS
  • TREEMENDUS
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander

Re: Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 26 Oct 2010 12:22 #95

Nice! Tom we got homework this week!!!

Hank Williams Jr.

Re: Groundwork Class with Anthony Reeves 26 Oct 2010 12:27 #96

Wow, that Ant is talented!! Landscaping on the list for the weekend, eh?
  • Iron Mike
  • Iron Mike
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
I dream of a world where a chicken can cross the road without having its motives questioned.

What we do in life will echo in eternity.

IPMS Plastic Surgeon (satellite member)

AMPS member

Resident Curmudgeon

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds