• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WWII Days: German Tanks

DioRandy

These are photos from the 19th Annual WWII Days in Rockford, Illinois.

German Tanks/vehicles;

h9ef657d.JPG

h8f88a50.JPG

h97880d0.JPG

hfa933a3.JPG

h2e2deee.JPG

h2064152.JPG

h4c4ec83.JPG

We see Ron and Mats posting from the events in Europe where all sorts of armor are at but you gotta wonder, how did all this German hardware end up in Illinois?

We see Ron and Mats posting from the events in Europe where all sorts of armor are at but you gotta wonder, how did all this German hardware end up in Illinois?

But are they REALLY German? So many Jagdpanzer 38(t) at shows are ex-Swiss G-13s (postwar built) and so many "SdKfz 251s" are in fact disquised Czechoslovak OT-810s (also postwar built).

Cheers,

Christophe

But are they REALLY German? So many Jagdpanzer 38(t) at shows are ex-Swiss G-13s (postwar built) and so many "SdKfz 251s" are in fact disquised Czechoslovak OT-810s (also postwar built).

Cheers,

Christophe

Yes,that's true.
Having said that,many replica vehicles are so well done that it's hard to tell if it's the real deal or not.

It takes a lot of effort to put up these reports of these events the way I do it,but I could provide you with some more information if needed,...giving all the info in a topic like that would made a topic too long to gain interest in my opinion,...BUT, just ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Here's me with a replica Sd.Kfz 247B:

LH57.jpg

And this is how this one is done:

https://youtu.be/9ltf9IgXgYE

Gr,Ron.

Back