• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WTF - What the Fokk !

E.I had an 80 hp Oberursel U.0 engine, EII and EIII 100hp Oberursel U.1. The EIII had different wings, think they were raised a bit. And the EIV had the much larger Oberursel U.3

Might be able to find more detail info Ian.

Here's some,

FokkerEI.jpg~original

FokkerEII.jpg~original

FokkerEIII.jpg~original

FokkerEIIIb.jpg~original

FokkerEIV.jpg~original

(y)
Thank you MP and Phil.

Phil, that is exactly what I was after.
I have looked at the profile art and instruction sheets on the WN site trying to see if it's worth getting an E2. I just wanted to confirm if there were noticeable physical differences that would show in the models.
No matter how long I jumped between images I could not easily pick-up the info.

Thank you!
Ian.

The Fokker E.I had the 80hp engine. It also had changes to wing position from high to mid. E.II had bigger engine and later was virtually the same as an E.III. The late E.III had a slightly larger wing if I remember correctly. Then there are some small cosmetic differences with the E.III having a compass in the wing. Also if I remember the ammo cans changed.
E.IV had a dual engine and so a lengthened cowling. The kit gives you the original 3 gun option pointed at 15degrees which no one liked. Then the 2 gun versions and some other small changes. If you dis all of them you could get a good sense of the differences as they sit side by each.

The Fokker E.I had the 80hp engine. It also had changes to wing position from high to mid. E.II had bigger engine and later was virtually the same as an E.III. The late E.III had a slightly larger wing if I remember correctly. Then there are some small cosmetic differences with the E.III having a compass in the wing. Also if I remember the ammo cans changed.
E.IV had a dual engine and so a lengthened cowling. The kit gives you the original 3 gun option pointed at 15degrees which no one liked. Then the 2 gun versions and some other small changes. If you dis all of them you could get a good sense of the differences as they sit side by each.

(y) Thanks James.
I have a E1,3 & 4, and wanted to see if an E2 would be worthwhile.
I may get an E2 and do a factory fresh version as in the picture from Phil (packaged for rail with wings not assembled) and put it on a rail car.

Ian.

Back