• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What's going on with my world.

The Zod

Last week,I got a message from the one sister. Our step dad had a stroke. Of course,I am away from home. A bit later,she told me he had trouble using his right arm,and his speech was slurred some. The following day,he was in therapy. So I am guessing it was a minor stroke. :idonno

Well,I am now in the very wet part of Texas. On my way to Louisiana. I pickup a new load nearby after I deliver. That is going near Albany,NY. I will drop that load at a terminal not far from my home.

As far as that Japanese M4A3E8 goes.................. I think I will put that away for now. I may end up stripping it with soylent green. I do believe I have some of the decals left.

I think after I finish that M51,I may take a break from modeling. I can omagine what the model will look like after it is finished. But imagination vs reality is different. Plus I have AMS bad. :v

Sometimes we have to take care of the family. I'll pray for your step dad.

But I'm think you still can find some room for modelling, even in short time for week... :eek:hyeah

I am sorry to hear of your father having a stroke. (Sounds like it anyways)My dad had several mini strokes that left him partly paralized on the right side & slurring of speech. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing like it was for my father. I do hope the therapy is helping him...

Your in my thoughts Chad, along with my Family, our prayers go out to you, sound like you just came through my town, being in the wet part, I hope your stepdad is ok sounds good so far, on the modeling thing, relieving stress is through styrene, so ease back into it when you can. :zen :zen :zen

I'll be praying for you and your father Chad. Therapy does wonders for recovery.
Hopefully you can squeeze some modeling time in!

Tim

ha6977f8.jpg

I hope everything works out well for you and your family. I took the last five years off from modeling to care for aging my parents, both suffer from dementia. However, I'm heading back to the hospital in few minutes to check on my dad. He had his second angioplasty in a month this morning. The procedure went well and he now has four stents in the vessels surrounding his heart. It's amazing what they can do today. He'll probably be released this afternoon.

I hope everything works out well for you and your family. I took the last five years off from modeling to care for aging my parents, both suffer from dementia. However, I'm heading back to the hospital in few minutes to check on my dad. He had his second angioplasty in a month this morning. The procedure went well and he now has four stents in the vessels surrounding his heart. It's amazing what they can do today. He'll probably be released this afternoon.

I am glad the procedure went well for him. :)

Thank you everyone. I will know in a few days what the long term issues for him,my one sister,and myself. I will not get into my two other sisters. :facepalm If he will need long term care,who knows how that will effect us. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. He is not even 60 years old yet.

Sending :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen Keep us posted Chad!! I been thru it myself recently with my dad....

Hang in there Chad. My prayers are going up for your stepdad. As for modeling, just take it easy and get back to it whenever you feel like it.

Back