• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What was your very first model?

Leopard2

I don't know if we already have a thread like this, but I freely admit that I am to lazy to look.
My very first model was the 1/72 Airfix Bristol Beaufighter T.F.X. which I got for X-Mas at the tender age of 7. I managed to find another one a few years back at a show and one of these days I will build her. BTW, that gives me an idea for a GB...."My very first model".:D

Joe

IIRC ... I think My 1st kit was an AMT/Ertl 1953 Corvette. It just took off from there. I must've built every Corvette that was on th Market back then ... starting in '78 ? I was just a wee lad of 7 !!

ERIK

My cousins let me build an Airfix MiG-21 in a red paint scheme. I built it and painted it. Horribly I must add! This was 1969.

Later on I saw the kit on its stand and it looked magnificent! My cousins then admitted that I had used white glue and shoe polish to glue and paint. A simple bath in warm water after I left and they built the kit as it should have been done.

While it sounds cruel, it actually helped tremendously as I thought I had built a model and got hooked. The second model was an Airfix Catalina which was duly painted with white shoe polish (what did I know?)...

Nope, I don't want to build either kit again.

Regards,

My first model was actually a car. Built a number of them. Then the glow in the dark monsters. Then Aircraft and tanks until I was 15. In between I built trains, wooden boats, rc planes and u control combat wings. RC helicopters and finally stayed with plastic. At 15 got into Historex Napoleaonics. I guess I was lucky as my Dad had a hobby shop so I tried everything. Then planes and tanks until a couple of years ago when I started relearning how to paint figures, although this time 75 to 90 mm ancients. So all in all in 45ish years of modeling I've done a lot and still am no good. But I love it dearly.
James

Really? Do you want to know? :lol:
Well, I can't remember exactly, but one of this was my first plastic model

Bf 109 G-6, Heller or Hasegawa's Curchill (no longer exist) or Hasegawa's Panther (all 1/72)

DSCN3440.jpg

DSCN3439.jpg

DSCN3442.jpg

DSCN3441.jpg

They was built....circa 1988-89, and of course they are somewere in my house still :D

Darío

Airfix series 1 Bolton Paul Defiant 1/72 i brought it from my local newsagent (who had superb range of kits back in the 70's)i built it and painted in gloss black :gogo on a saturday night sitting at my grandparents kitchen table (my grandad was horrified i had built a plane and not a tank :idonno )but it got me hooked (and my next kit was a tank (y) )

Grumman Duck, circa 1963. Don't ask me what scale, but I thought it was WAY cool! :D

I really can't remember, seem to remember a Porsche 911 or a Thud maybe. been so long, wish I knew I was going to need those brain cells I lost back in the 80s to recall this stuff.

we had a similar thread going on here some time ago: https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/Modelers-Lounge-/42554-What-got-You-started-in-Scale-Modeling-

although i think it was a passenger jet (i used the alitalia decals - that i remember!) what was my first model with glue, i also remember that i had an ontos of unknown scale (at least 1/24) earlier but that was a non glue stick together kind of kit and so doesn't count ...

oh well - long ago ... it for sure was an Airfix kit but I'm not sure which one - a plane most probably not a war plane for sure not a German one, cause my parents didn't want me to do any "nazi" stuff as they namend it - they both remembered the war very well - so it was an airliner. That was about the age of 7 or 8. I pretty well remember when sitting in my room in our apartment in Munich playing with Lego and this plane while outside the students were demonstrating in the streets "HO HO HO CHI MINH" :) sweet old memories - it was the time of the revolution of the students in western Germany.

Mine was a 1/72 P-36 Hawk by Revell. It cost 75 cents or 3 weeks of my weekly allowance.

Terry B)

Between me and my brother we built all of the aroura pre-historic models. Plus the aruora WW1 fighters.

Well... As a kid I remember it being something snap-together...but when I came back to it at age 25 it was the Revell 109...

Back