• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What a successful yet disappointing weekend

jknaus

Administrator
Weird intro I know. I have managed to print about 5 plates of parts this weekend and have had mixed results with the clear resin. I printed most of the Cheyenne and M577 this past week but there is a learning curve to the clear. I dont know why but have a blemish on the canopy. I also printed the clear parts for the Proteus, and the Time Machine. About half of the Time Machine clear parts didnt print. Not enough supports I think, but it is hard positioning supports so they dont mar the surface. Got a bunker from Normandy printed and some British helmets, a conversion for the Tamiya M13/40 to make it a M13/41 command tank. Have an interior for the M13/40 done and plating up the interior for the M-13/41 and somewhere I have tracks for the two tanks to be printed. I have also scaled up the Type 19 radios for the 1/16 M-8 Armoured Car that is coming and I just found a nice 1/16 50 cal set to print out. Then the disappointment, I did not do any modeling at all. Just had no ambition which sucks. Almost got to the shop yesterday, but decided to trip over some stuff on the basement floor and do a face plant. Lucky me though, I missed the cat litter box. I really need to get my Marder I finished for the AMPS show in August and need to finish Rey and get ready to build the Puma for AMPS or the M-8. Anyone else have one of those weekends? I really need to take some pics of the resin stuff soon alo. Looks pretty darned good.
James

Hang in there James. I've felt the mojo gone myself. These Comets and the QED really spurred me on. Now the ME262 is calling.

I have been working on my 77 beetle out in the garage. Have a lot of the stuff up front in the trunk removed as well as the master cylinder, brake fluid reservoir and all the hard lines up front. As I can get replacements for all the brake lines at fairly reasonable prices they are getting replaced as well as will be upgrading it to disk brakes on all 4 corners. I am also going to pull the front torsion bar frame out and go crazy with cleaning, sanding and painting all the hidden areas up underneath and the trunk on the body. With luck I should be ready for that come fall. Won't attempt any external body paint till I get all the inner stuff done.

Back