• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Two More Aircraft Finished by the Duke

Duke Maddog

It sure feels good to finally finish something!

Here are my two latest aircraft models completed. This first one is the old 1/712 scale Heller model I bought for $20.00. It's a very basic build and severely lacking in details, but it does look good when done. I did this up as an aircraft in German service; the French version was an ESM/ECM type aircraft with antennas and bits and bobs everywhere that I would have broken off numerous times as I tried to finish the model so I opted for the 'cleaner' German variant:

German_C_160_Transall_I.JPG

German_C_160_Transall_II.JPG

This next model is a Hobby Boss 1/72 scale UH-1C that a friend of mine kept pushing at me. I didn't want to buy it originally, because I have two other UH1C versions built. When he finally dropped the price to $5.00, I went ahead and bought it. Assembly was a breeze; I was stunned at how well the main canopy fit together to the fuselage! This was a fast and fun kit to build and I'm glad I got it!

Saul, this one's for YOU!!

US_Army_UH_1C_Huey_Hog_I.JPG

US_Army_UH_1C_Huey_Hog_II.JPG

US_Army_UH_1C_Huey_Hog_III.JPG

That's all the aircraft I have finished so far. Hopefully more will get done soon. I need to clear out some boxes!

Oh, I also finished up a couple anti-tank guns from ACE as well. Feel free to stop into the Armor Forum and check them out.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Great stuff ! are those yellow lines decals on the wing...rather you than me getting those straight :)

Thanks guys for the awesome responses! I am so happy these are done; especially the Transall.

Pedro, those lines were tough to lay down. Yes, they were decals and a couple of them actually broke in several places. I had to hit them a couple times with Solvaset to get them to lay down right. It was tough, but I'm pleased with the results.

You guys rock! Thanks again for the compliments!

Saul, this one's for YOU!!

UH-1oham68.jpg

You know I like it! Sorry I missed it when you posted it. The Transall looks great too, it reminded me of this build:
http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=245367&view=findpost&p=2335144

Regards,

Matrix, thanks for the compliment! That means a lot to me.

Wow Saul! Thanks for the compliment in comparing my Transall with that Masterpiece! You honor me too much. Mine was just the basic Heller kit; I never knew Revell ever made one. I may have to try and find it so I can make it French. I am overwhelmed by the detail that guy put into his; I don't think I could ever do that as my skills are too far below that.

I'm also glad you like the helicopter. It's rare that I can do a sharkmouth on something; I try every time I have the chance.

Thanks again for posting!

Back