• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trouble on I-295

modelguru

Today was one of those days that makes you wish you stayed in bed.
Work was going along as usual, just another day in paradise ( aka construction hell )
I was transporting some equipment back from a job site. When Mr. Murphy showed up and said that hey your day is going too smooth..................... so the 5000 lb concrete pump I was towing decided that it was going to start weaving back and forth . Believe me at 65 miles an hour that is no fun. On a pucker factor scale of 1-10 this was hitting a solid 25. I will need to replace the seat in the truck now because my but was trying to chew a hole through the seat to hang on .
Well to make a long story short the pump began weaving side to side the tires so badly that the tires were smoking the truck and the pump lifted off the ground on the right side ..... trying to prevent flipping I steered to the left and in the process the right tire on the pump slammed back to the ground . This in turn snapped the pintle hitch chaines and all .......... this is where it got really got interesting ......... I watched the 5000 lb pump get airborne flip several times and fly about 75 feet .
Mercifully no one was hurt ......and all of this during rush hour.

100600_145502.jpg

100600_145501.jpg

100600_145500.jpg

100600_145400.jpg

So YOU the one who caused that!

just kidding, I was safely tucked away over off hwy28. Worse obstacle I avoided today was a coyote.

I think everytime I got to Atlanta there's a traffic jam like this. Very humbling experience. Glad no one was hurt but if you were doing 65 on 285, you were getting run over.

Oh my goodness you were lucky :eek:hmy: , it looks like the bearing on the left hand wheel collapsed totally ! Is that what caused it ?

Jenny :kiss:

moon puppy wrote:
Opps, my bad, you said 295, is that Jacksonville?

MOONIE,

Actually it's just outside of Richmond V.A. , to the East . There is a Skid mark on 295 named in Chris' honor ! :unsure: :laugh: :cheer: :laugh: :eek:hmy: :huh: :blink :blush:

ERIK

Back