• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tom Daniel California Vette

philo426

Now that you guys moved I'll show off my Completed Vette!
2009_1021Spock0074.jpg
2009_1021Spock0077.jpg

I know Daniels is an automotive Icon, but he should be shot for what he did to the Vette. Nothing against you, Philo, you did a great job. I just think the changes Daniels did to the car look like crud. The vents all over it just take away form the elegant beauty of the '70 Vette

Hi Philo. Welcome back again to the new T&T :) .

That's a cool looking vette. Is there an engine in it that we could see.

Gary B)

Viper: It is not really that bad is it. After all, it could look like this.
uuuuuuuuugly_20100216_1716765017.jpg

:S :blink :eek:hmy: :X​

Ain't that the vett from the classic and highly acclaimed and, shockingly, Golden Globe nominated movie "Corvette Summer" staring the venerable Mark Hamill fresh off his stunning role in Star Wars?

I see there are stong feelings about what Daniel did to his '70 Vette!I think he did go a little over the top with the louvers but it was the '70s!As fotr the "Corvette Summer" vette it is outlandish and somewhat tacky yet somehow compelling.Here is a hot of the big block!
2010_0119Spock0001.jpg

I knew a guy who had a big block vette, 454 sitting down in that thing. Don't know how fast it was but it sure sounded kewl!

When I was a kid my dad bought a 1947 Willys Jeep from a guy that had wedged a Corvette small block 427 under the hood :blink . It was real interesting when my brother and I would go out in the thing on friday nights and pull up next to the Camaros, Corvettes, and Mustangs and rev the engine. Then blow their doors of. In a Jeep :woohoo: . Unfortunately (or maybe lucky) just about the time I turned 16 and got my license, my dad pulled the engine out and put a little 4 cylinder engine out of a pinto in the thing :( . Ahhh, the 70's were so cool.

Gary B)

I saw a Chevette with a 454 stuffed in it at a car show one time! It would need a serious tubular frame and suspension upgrades to handle that kind of power!

G Cooper wrote:
When I was a kid my dad bought a 1947 Willys Jeep from a guy that had wedged a Corvette small block 427 under the hood :blink . It was real interesting when my brother and I would go out in the thing on friday nights and pull up next to the Camaros, Corvettes, and Mustangs and rev the engine. Then blow their doors of. In a Jeep :woohoo: . Unfortunately (or maybe lucky) just about the time I turned 16 and got my license, my dad pulled the engine out and put a little 4 cylinder engine out of a pinto in the thing :( . Ahhh, the 70's were so cool.

Gary B)

Bruce, remember Mitch Kelly's jeep? Bruce and I went to school with a guy who had a 350 in a CJ. He could pull both front wheels off the ground.

Saw a Corvair with a 454 wedged in where the backseat shoulda been. Never saw underneath but it had to have been wild.

Back